PDA

View Full Version : high blood pressure am i going to die?

noangeluk
24-10-13, 18:21
So ive been getting headaches and find that my blood pressure is 160/95 multiple readings, doctors seemed fine about it like it was an everyday occurrence but there I was wondering why I have such high blood pressure im 26 im overweight which could be it but ive been losing weight.

Am I going to die?

Fishmanpa
24-10-13, 18:40
So ive been getting headaches and find that my blood pressure is 160/95 multiple readings, doctors seemed fine about it like it was an everyday occurrence but there I was wondering why I have such high blood pressure im 26 im overweight which could be it but ive been losing weight.

Am I going to die?

While we all have the time and place when we meet our maker, at 26 years of age, a one off high BP reading will in all cases result in a one off high BP reading and nothing else.

Your weight could definitely have something to do with it. I had high BP and was on meds for it as well as statins for my cholesterol. After losing 65 pounds battling cancer, my BP and blood work is perfect! I don't recommend doing it my way though ;)

noangeluk
24-10-13, 18:48
While we all have the time and place when we meet our maker, at 26 years of age, a one off high BP reading will in all cases result in a one off high BP reading and nothing else.

Your weight could definitely have something to do with it. I had high BP and was on meds for it as well as statins for my cholesterol. After losing 65 pounds battling cancer, my BP and blood work is perfect! I don't recommend doing it my way though ;)
so blood pressure isn't an indication of cancer?

Annie0904
24-10-13, 18:59
High blood pressure isn't an indication to cancer at all however it can lead to heart problems. My husband has had 2 heart attacks and I know Fishmanpa can relate to heart problems too. You are young and have time to do something about it. If your doctor wasn't worried than I wouldn't be worried either but maybe you do need to look at your diet.

noangeluk
24-10-13, 19:05
High blood pressure isn't an indication to cancer at all however it can lead to heart problems. My husband has had 2 heart attacks and I know Fishmanpa can relate to heart problems too. You are young and have time to do something about it. If your doctor wasn't worried than I wouldn't be worried either but maybe you do need to look at your diet.

That's what chills me. I used to eat really unhealthy until 3 months ago when I decided to turn it around and I've lost 50 pounds and eat really healthy and weight lift. But I've been told because im still over 300 pounds that I wont have good blood pressure till around 200 pounds?

I'm definitely doing something about it, this can definitely be prevented right?

HoneyLove
24-10-13, 19:06
Noangel, stress can be a factor in high blood pressure and if you're anxious and constantly checking it that's going to ramp it up on you. The best thing you can do is learn some relaxation methods and get some exercise in a couple of times a week - this will help you get it back under control.

Annie0904
24-10-13, 19:10
Yes it can be prevented and as Honeylove says, relaxation methods and exercise will also help. It is good to know that you are doing something about your weight and have started exercising. A brisk 30 minute walk every day is really good for exercise and also for anxiety.

noangeluk
24-10-13, 19:36
could it be that my old lifestyle still has an impact on my body? I'm still overweight so i guess from lifting weight my body has to pump more blood around my body is that a possibility?

Fishmanpa
24-10-13, 19:43

Exactly! Keep up the good work and get down to that 200 pounds!

Good Luck!

HoneyLove
24-10-13, 19:43
If they already told you that you need to lose more weight to see a bigger reduction in your blood pressure then you need to hear what they've told you, put aside worries about it and just focus on improving your health.

Worrying wont help. Trust what they say.

Karol.Papis
26-10-13, 17:46
Hi, I've actually got a bit of high pressure too (relative to my age). I think it may be extremely unlikely that high blood pressure causes any serious trouble at a relatively young age. I would recommend physical exercise (regularity more important than the length), avoiding caffeine/cigarettes, and avoiding 'ready meals' from supermarkets as they are full of salt, to get your blood pressure down :D Good luck:)