PDA

View Full Version : why do I feel like this?

girl92
24-10-13, 18:46
I felt so down recently and now I just feel nothing. I'm not sad, I'm not happy just nothing. I've been sitting by myself all day staring at me feet in silence and its not bothered me. People around me are becoming concerned and I feel nothing about that either. I just feel hollow.

why do I feel like this?

Baggs
24-10-13, 19:27
When I feel nothing, it's depression. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

debs71
24-10-13, 20:09
Hi girl92,

I agree with Baggs, hun.

I feel exactly like this when very depressed. Like not even crying, not sad, not anythng. Just empty and deflated, like even sadness is not worth the time anymore. I also don't feel I want to be around people, and if I am around people it is like they speak to me, but I don't hear them, or I have no attention span.

I know it feels very strange, but this is explainable and it is depression. Are you receiving any help right now for this?

Hugs....Debs.xx:hugs::hugs:

girl92
24-10-13, 23:21
I was going to go to the doctors but I don't see the point. My partner has asked for a break being of the emotional strain in putting on the relationship. I hardly talk to anyone anymore I just lie on my bed

debs71
24-10-13, 23:52
I'm sorry you are feeling so horrible right now, hun.

I know how you must be feeling, and how hard relationships are with depression, but this isn't your fault. Many of us have been where you are now. (I'm struggling myself with it at the moment)

You don't have to feel this way, and there is help out from underneath it all, and the way you feel. Please do go and see your doctor if you can find the strength to manage it. I'm not just suggesting medication, but there are therapies that can also help a lot, but the first step is to discuss how you are feeling with your doc first.

I know how difficult it is to feel like there is any point to it, and to even find the strength to get up and go see somebody, but there is hope and there is a point you can reach to start to feel better, I promise you.

Big hugs to you.xxx:hugs::hugs: