PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia worries

Eggplant345
24-10-13, 23:16
I am 16 years old and I am going for a routine blood work next week. Back in May i was convinced I had leukemia. After 6 months of this fear I finally convinced myself that I don't because I would be really sick by now. Then I remembered about chronic leukemia that doesn't show symptoms for a a few years. I had blood work last year. Could a person my age get chronic leukemia and do you think they would have found it in my blood work from last year?

roxy90
24-10-13, 23:58
Yes they would have found it, sweetie you do not.have leukemia. I know what youre going through this was my fear too.x

anthrokid
25-10-13, 03:42
Hi Eggplant,

If you've had routine blood tests they would definitely have picked up even the slightest indication of Leukemia. If any tests come back abnormal they investigate further, even if it is only the slightest blip. Especially given your age. So fret not, if you did have Leukemia it would have been picked up by now. If you are still concerned you could always go back to the doctor for another blood test, but you sound in the clear to me :)

Liviguy
25-10-13, 09:00
Hi there.

My aunt currently has Leukemia. Trust me, they would know if you had it. She had a blood test and was in taken to hospital the same day. She is now on her 4th dose of Chemo and is doing ok.