PDA

View Full Version : Coming down off cocaine for the first time

Wombat Overlord
25-10-13, 05:38
So last night I was a bit drunk and with a bunch of friends, and I decided to try coke for the first time which I now fully regret. I did 3 fairly small bumps, we did some stuff. and then I slept for awhile. Upon waking up today I felt a variety of very scary things:

- Intense pressure in head, like having a strong rubber band around my brain

- Very difficult time breathing deeply, feels like my airways are constricted

- Lots of pressure in chest, it feels as if I am about to have a heart attack or stroke

Just driving home 4 miles from my friends I had to pull over 3 times because I was beginning to feel as if I was about to lose control of certain parts of my body.

Seeing as I've never done coke before I have no idea what to make of this. could it just be some common side effects a day after use coupled with my anxiety? Or should I not be feeling like this and seek medical attention? Needless to say I am never touching that drug again!

jared
25-10-13, 05:56
This may not be any help, but...why would you use mind altering drugs if you're already suffering from anxiety? You had to have known cocaine would have caused some ill effects relating to anxiety...please never do drugs again.

Wombat Overlord
25-10-13, 06:10
I know, I always seem to set myself up for future failure by being too caught up in the moment and acting like a moron. I'm just trying to see if some of these side effects could just be my body's reaction to coming down from coke, because I literally thought I was about to seize up or something behind the wheel driving home. Starting to feel a bit better now but it has kind of developed into an intense head pressure sensation that I haven't really ever felt before.

mikewales
25-10-13, 07:23
It probably is just your bodies reaction, and will take a while to get out of your system, but as Jared said, illegal drugs and anxiety really don't mix, so remember this feeling and keep it in mind if you are tempted to use them again.

Daisy Sue
25-10-13, 08:14
I've no experience of cocaine use, so I wouldn't know what's a normal after effect and what's not. But I'm posting in here because I'm mortified that you thought it was a wise decision to drive while you had excess alcohol and drugs in your blood system! Every road user is someone's loved one, and you just took a massive risk, not only with your own life, but with everyone else's life who was on the route you took.

You're lucky you remained lucid enough to keep pulling over - but what if you'd not been?

Frenchie512
25-10-13, 08:29
I've no experience of cocaine use, so I wouldn't know what's a normal after effect and what's not. But I'm posting in here because I'm mortified that you thought it was a wise decision to drive while you had excess alcohol and drugs in your blood system! Every road user is someone's loved one, and you just took a massive risk, not only with your own life, but with everyone else's life who was on the route you took.

You're lucky you remained lucid enough to keep pulling over - but what if you'd not been?

My thoughts exactly!

Liviguy
25-10-13, 08:57
It's probably just the after effect of alcohol and drug use. Glad you have realised that cocaine is not for you. I know the effects of cocaine addiction as I watched a friend screw his life up with it. Thankfully now he is clean again.

As for the driving drunk and on cocaine, well, I think you know the general reaction that is going to bring.

Wombat Overlord
25-10-13, 09:19
I never said I drove while drunk and on coke lol; if you read the original post it says that I slept and woke up and went home.

ankietyjoe
25-10-13, 09:39
If you already have anxiety, getting drunk and sniffing coke really is a stupid thing to do isn't it?

I used to do a lot of coke 10-15 years ago (way before I had anxiety) and what you're describing isn't a coke comedown, it sounds more like anxiety due to a variety of chemicals swimming around your system. A coke comedown feels like depression for the most part.

For the record, mixing coke and alcohol is potentially very dangerous, although in your case you haven't taken nearly enough for it to be a) dangerous or b) induce a comedown.

One thing I can tell you though is that it can turn from an infrequent habit to a problem very quickly.

gypcyg
25-10-13, 11:48
Cocaine can actually give the user confidence and that's why a lot of people try it. The other main reason is peer pressure and it seems to me this is why Wombat tried it. Try to be stronger next time!

As Ankietyjoe says - mixing different drugs is certainly not advisable and is a waste of money because you won't get the full effects of the drugs you are using. If you do try cocaine again then my rule was never to do it twice within three months - that way you can increase your chances of not becoming addicted. Remember though - the cocaine you took last night will have been mixed with other stuff to increase the profits of the dealers.

Fishmanpa
25-10-13, 13:02
If you already have anxiety, getting drunk and sniffing coke really is a stupid thing to do isn't it?

With all due respect!

There's the above quoted statement for sure and then there's the fact that you posted it on a public website! Even sleeping for "a while" before driving? I would venture to say that "a while" is not 8 hours and that the drugs and alcohol were still legally in your system had you been stopped and tested. Added to this is the potential danger to yourself and others if there's a reaction with any meds you may be taking. It was both an incredibly stupid thing to do and to bring to a public forum. Quite frankly, you reap what you sow.

Good Luck! (seriously!)

pepsi
25-10-13, 13:10
Hi wombat dont worry too much you tried it u didnt like it.youre probably over thinking it and panicing ! X :doh:

Wombat Overlord
25-10-13, 22:31
Actually "awhile" was more like 9 and a half hours, and I was simply asking for advice on how to recognize and cope with the residual effects; not really looking for 10 people to tell me how dumb I am. I'm not sure how posting anonymously on a public forum was stupid, either (No, my real name is not Wombat Overlord). Thank you though pepsi, and I am feeling a million times better today. It was definitely an interesting experience that I don't want to have again! That being said, I'm glad it happened in a safe environment, and having done it definitely makes it easier to refrain from doing so in future situations.

Daisy Sue
26-10-13, 09:51
I assumed you posted early in the morning, as your post time was 05.38 UK time, which is 06.38 Rome time, and as you said "last night.." it appeared very soon after your alcohol and cocaine consumption...

Wombat Overlord
26-10-13, 19:08
Posted this at 9:38 PM my time; I live in California; was more interested in finding someone who knew the side effects of coming down, not being told how bad of an idea it is to drive while drunk and high. I know that's stupid, and I highly doubt there was any more than a trace of either alcohol or coke after sleeping for almost 10 hours. But I'm feeling completely fine again so this thread is highly irrelevant now. Thank you guys for your thoughts.

rach79
26-10-13, 20:57
So last night I was a bit drunk and with a bunch of friends, and I decided to try coke for the first time which I now fully regret. I did 3 fairly small bumps, we did some stuff. and then I slept for awhile. Upon waking up today I felt a variety of very scary things:

- Intense pressure in head, like having a strong rubber band around my brain

- Very difficult time breathing deeply, feels like my airways are constricted

- Lots of pressure in chest, it feels as if I am about to have a heart attack or stroke

Just driving home 4 miles from my friends I had to pull over 3 times because I was beginning to feel as if I was about to lose control of certain parts of my body.

Seeing as I've never done coke before I have no idea what to make of this. could it just be some common side effects a day after use coupled with my anxiety? Or should I not be feeling like this and seek medical attention? Needless to say I am never touching that drug again!

Hi Wombat Overlord,

I'm not sure whether you've given up on the forum or not yet due to the amount of negative responses you received!

Anyway.. I was in a similar position to you not long ago and regrettably did a few lines of coke plus drank way too much alcohol. I already suffer from major anxiety and I am fully aware that it was a stupid mistake and also of the health consequences. People can be intelligent AND make the wrong decisions sometimes.

For a few days after I convinced myself that every symptom I was feeling (including those you mentioned) was a result of what I did that night. I also had a pretty sore nose and thumping headache for a long time afterwards. It was a terrible experience that I will NOT be repeating, and I'm glad to hear that you won't be either.

Unless you're still feeling rough, I wouldn't say it was necessary to seek medical attention. Just walk away from it and know that you've learnt a valuable life lesson, and it will make make you into a stronger person. It's a nasty, nasty drug and I truly admire those who manage to get clean after being addicted to coke or any other drug for that matter.

Hope you're ok :)

Rach

Wombat Overlord
26-10-13, 21:12
Thanks for posting Rach! That was exactly the kind of response I was seeking. I am feeling much better now, and it was really only about a 12 hour period after I woke up in which I was convinced that I needed to go to the ER. I haven't been a long-time sufferer from anxiety, so the last few months I have struggled with establishing my own personal limits. I think it's safe to say that I need to stay away from anything more intense than an occasional joint for the time being!

venusbluejeans
27-10-13, 14:25
Posted this at 9:38 PM my time; I live in California; was more interested in finding someone who knew the side effects of coming down, not being told how bad of an idea it is to drive while drunk and high. I know that's stupid, and I highly doubt there was any more than a trace of either alcohol or coke after sleeping for almost 10 hours. But I'm feeling completely fine again so this thread is highly irrelevant now. Thank you guys for your thoughts.

I guess people were just confused due to your location on NMP being Vatican City where as you live in California, so people assumed the worst due to the timing of things.

In your introduction thread you also entitled it "Salutations from the Vatican" so to be honest no wonder people were confused as to where you live.

Pansy potter
27-10-13, 21:36
I feel bad for you.. Everyone is right in what they say but for me I slip up sometimes because its the only time I'm not afraid ... Then the horrendous next day of anxiety follows, this usually helps me not to do drugs BUT I know it's hard sometimes as people with anxiety have addictions by trying to self medicate, please try not to judge this person who is reaching out

eastofeden
27-10-13, 22:28
This is the problem - when you joke a lot people don't know when you're being serious when you actually have a problem lol

i find it quite funny everyone thought you live in VC.
glad to know you're feeling better. it's an experience - take it and move on knowing it was a mistake :)

Sar89
28-10-13, 02:46
Ahhhh a subject I am an expert of the coke comedown! ... Now here Is my very wide an extensive experience of it ... Ur symptoms do not sound like the coke comedown not unless u sniffed a large amount (few grams) 3 small bumps is a very small amount when u consider the initial buzz last 20 mins if that off one (that's why it's so moreish I guess ) the usual comedown is heavy blocked nose from the crap u have shoved up it and for me an everyone I have ever spoke to who takes it the next day depression that to me is the comedown! ... I would say ur physical symptoms are more a mixture of ur actual anxiety and if anything the alcohol ... To be honest I think the hangover from alcohol is far worse then the one for coke when I had an alcohol hangover I would have sickness, dizziness, palpatations an all kinds of horrible crap!!! ... Thankfully I haven't touched drugs for nearly 4 yrs now and drink about twice a year!!! ... So glad that's all behind me. So I'm not condoning the use of coke but u have tried it u didnt like it so u can move on from it now. X

Wombat Overlord
28-10-13, 21:11
Yeah I'm starting to think the alcohol was more responsible, although I drink a fair amount and very often and don't normally experience severe hangovers. As to my status as living in the Vatican, I figured people would pick up on the fact that that obviously isn't true. Less than 1000 people live there and all of them are clergy or guards haha.