PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined- Cipralex SE's

Vonnyj
25-10-13, 07:53
Hi All Looking forward to sharing experiences and to the support everyone receives on this site! Following 5 deaths this year including my Mother-in-Law, and working long hours at a very stressful job, I have had anxiety which started after not being able to sleep and getting worked up about it. I have been trying all the usual things - deep breathing, relaxation and am seeing a therapist all which are helping. my therapist suggested I take a low dose anti depressant to allow him to work on some deep seated issues with me. Doc gave me sertraline aaargghh!! Big mistake - I had a really bad reaction after just 3 days and had to stop taking them. I know everyone is different but they made me feel beyond sick! Now on 5mg Cipralex just starting 5th day. Side effects- 1st couple of days bit nauseous and dizzy 3rd and 4th day felt fine but last night I had this horrible anxious feeling the whole night. Could anyone tell me if this is normal and how long it seems to last? Thanks all.

mikewales
25-10-13, 08:03
Welcome to the site.

Most meds can take a couple of weeks to really build up and start working properly, during this time you can still get some side effects and anxiety. Normally doctors will want you to try them for a month before thinking of swapping to something else.

Hopefully you should see some big improvements over the next couple of weeks

Vonnyj
20-12-13, 17:52
I started another thread titled Cipralex Increase Bad Side Effects which continues with how I got on after increasing my dose (it all turned out fine)