PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin, dosage for anxiety/depression/OCD

Her Indoors
25-10-13, 09:14
Hi there,

Could anyone tell me please what the effective dose of Pregabalin is for anxiety/OCD? I am currently taking 200 mg daily and although it is helping a little, my anxiety is not under control properly which is making me very depressed. I could cope if I just had depression, but the constant anxiety I can't cope with.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

J xxx

Barnabas75
25-10-13, 09:28
Hi J,

I found that at about 300-350mgs was effective for me.Might be different for others.It also took about 4 weeks to notice the benefits.I have started reducing and only take 50mg now.All the best.:)

Her Indoors
25-10-13, 10:36
Hi Greg,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, much appreciated. Glad to hear you are doing well, that's great.

I will seek some advice about maybe upping the dose.

Many thanks.

J xxx

hanshan
25-10-13, 13:18
There is no set effective dose - some people find it effective at quite low doses, others need higher doses. The set therapeutic dose is 400 mg per day, but you may need more or less than that. The maximum is around 600 mg a day.

Her Indoors
04-11-13, 09:59
Had my dosage of Pregabalin increased to 300 mg per day but it doesn't seem to be working now. Had the odd few days when I was feeling much better, but now I am back to how I was at the beginning of my illness.

The constant anxiety is getting unbearable, I have been like this since January and I am not sure how much more I can take, I am feeling very hopeless again.

I am wondering whether I need my dosage upping. My care coordinator told me the maximum dose is 600 mg per day, so I am at the middle of the range. Am I kidding myself? I am terrified this won't work for me and am wondering what will happen to me if this medication fails.

I have taken Mirtazapine at a low dose for years and have come off it, and took Sertraline for about 6 months and have come off that. I take Trimipramine 150 mg at night and the Pregabalin. I am waiting to have CBT but need some medication to help me to settle.

I am scared nothing will help me. I think I am running out of medications. I know tablets aren't the answer to everything, but I need help to function.

J xx

nicola1980
04-11-13, 10:33
Hi j sorry your feeling so bad, can you ring your care coordinator for some advice regarding increasing your pregabalin again, maybe you need a change in your AD too? Hope you feel better soon x x x

Her Indoors
04-11-13, 10:43
Hi j sorry your feeling so bad, can you ring your care coordinator for some advice regarding increasing your pregabalin again, maybe you need a change in your AD too? Hope you feel better soon x x x

Thanks Nicola,

I have a home visit tomorrow, so a message will get back to my Consultant. Hope you are ok.

Best wishes,

J xxx

SarahH
04-11-13, 13:37
I think upping the dose to 400mgs to start with before changing to another med. I am on 400 and when I dropped to 300 as an experiment my anxiety came back. If 400 does not work go up again:) Maximum is 600 a day.