PDA

View Full Version : A Story to tell

mysweetshadow
01-11-06, 20:38
Hi friends, I have recently started an old hobbies of writng short stories for kids. I was wondering if anyone would like to read one, and let me know what you think.
Below I have posted a Story is, called Dont Cry Ellie.

The day had pasted and night time was now upon us. All the babies, have had there baths, their teeth brushed and where tucked up warm, and snug in bed, except for this one little girl. This little girl just could not sleep; the little girl just was not tired.

The little girls name was Ellie, and because Ellie could not sleep, she became scared. Ellie didn’t know why she felt afraid, so because Ellie was afraid, she began to cry. Ellie just didn’t want to be alone. Ellie then reached over for her favourite teddy bare, and squeezed the teddy so hard.

All of a sudden Ellie hard this voice and this voice was saying; ‘Ouch, ouch not so tight please, I am much smaller than you are.’ Ellie stop crying and began to see where this voice was coming from, and then Pop! Up jumped Ellie’s favourite teddy. The Teddy turn to her and said; ‘little girl why do you cry, when you have all of us here with you.’

Ellie did not know what to do, and then out of know where all here other teddies came to life and sat in a group in front of her.

Just then, the Duck began to speak, the Duck said; 'yes Ellie, there is no need to cry, as we are her to keep you safe. Let me tell you a little story that should help you to go
a sleep'.

So the Duck began;

'As the Morning arrives, through the window the Sun shines bright,

Your Mum comes in to your room, and gives you a smile of delight.

Your mummy then takes you in her arms and carries you down stairs,

As, you go into your Kitchen, you see your breakfast is already there.

After your Breakfast, you go back up stairs, to the bathroom you go,

In the bathroom you get washed, and your teeth look white as snow.

Of to the shops you go, there you see all the nice sights and sounds,

In the streets, you meet all the nice people, all happy with no frowns.

Back home to your room you go, while mummy puts all her shopping away,

Then mummy comes in to be with you were, there to you sit and play.

Back down stairs you go to watch the television and play some more,

You don’t want mummy to stop, but you here there is a knock on the door.

Mum goes to the door, to see who is there; you sit down and say
‘‘well, that’s not fair’’

Now you can hear the stump, stump, you know those footsteps are not your mum,

Boo! You hear, and from behind the door pops Dad, and you fall on your bum.

Short time goes by, its time for you to go into the kitchen to have your Tea,

You look to see, its Sausage and Mash, your favourite, oh how look you can be.

Time to get ready for bed; and mum and dad run up stairs with you like it’s a race,

First you brush your Teeth, and then you wash your Hands and now for your Face.

After your wash, its time to get your Pyjamas on, and Dad snuggles you up into bed,

As you lie in bed, you see the moon and how the sky is turning a funny shade of red.

Mum comes into the now, to read you your story and then turns your light out,

Dad then asks Mum, ‘is little Ellie asleep?’ and Mum replies ‘definitely, without a doubt'.

Just as Duck finished her story, the Buffalo whispered to the Duck and said ‘Good Work gang it’s worked, I think little Ellie is asleep, and I am sure without a doubt.’ The rest of the Teddies silently laughed as they didn’t want to wake Ellie up, and then they all went back to there boxes, where they also went of to sleep.

THE END

phil

kazzie
01-11-06, 20:57
Thats really good Phil more please and you should publish them!!!

kaz x

mysweetshadow
01-11-06, 21:00
hi Kazzie i have just finished another story which i will certainly put up, i want to see how this one goes first.[8D]

phil

kazzie
01-11-06, 21:04
lookin forward to it

kaz x

jill
01-11-06, 21:56
Hi Phil :D

Loved the story [^]:D

My daughter suffered pa's, anxiety from a very early age ( 3 years), nightimes were very scary for her. I told her many stories to try and calm her.

Some children can get scared at night on there own, this story can help the child not to fear things, it helps the child use there imagination in a happy way.

TAKE CARE and keep writng. [^]:D

LOVE JILLXX

mysweetshadow
01-11-06, 22:22
Hi Jill, thank you im glad you liked it. Thats sad to hear about your daughter having such a stressfull thing at such a young age, i hope she comes round. My daughter sometimes wakes up from nightmares in a bad state and now has to go to bed with a t.v on cause the noise and lights comfort her.
I will hopefully post another story tomorrow, hope you like it as much.

phil

jill
01-11-06, 22:47
Hi Phil

Sorry to hear that your daughter finds night times hard, my daughter also has to have the tv on, just kids video's. My daughter is 13 now, she had a blip early on this year, long story, will not go into that, but she is fine now and doing very well, Ohhhh I'm soooo proud of her :D

I will look forward to reading your other story :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

yorkylover
01-11-06, 23:21
Love it Phil,my family call me Ellie and I collect bears.Have we met!!!!!!!
[:P]Its a lovely story.

Ellen XX

mysweetshadow
02-11-06, 10:02
Hi Jill, thats is good to hear that she is doing fine now[^] i know how hard things can be, from I was 11 years old i have suffered very bad depression, and from the age of 19 i have had Panic attacks and Agoraphobia. If I can help at all Jill, you know where to find me.;)

phil

mysweetshadow
02-11-06, 10:05
Hi Ellen thanks for the comment, glad you like the story[^] I dont think that we have met though[:P] I guess it might have been fate...LOL You never know my other one might relate to other people in the n.m.p Lounge.....[Wow!]

phil

jill
02-11-06, 13:32
Hi Phil,

Thank you soo much for your offer of help, Ohh this site has been a godsent to me. I never new what my daughter was going through, untill a few years ago. I suffered pa's, high anxiety and lived in fear 24/7. It took this site, all the information and the speceal people who post and reply to post to help me get the panic under control.

It hurts sometimes knowing that people are suffering this way, but is hurts much more to know a child has this problem too. My heart goes out to you phill it must have been terrible to suffer depression at such a young age :(

As I have said this site has helped me lots. My panic stems from low self asteam and lack of comfidance. I was working on this and doing well, untill I had magor probs with my relastionship, and my self asteam and confidance was knocked sidesways, I will NOT say backwards because thats a negative LOL, just sideways.

I know full well that it is possible to recoVer from panic, high anxiety, with alot of hard work time and suppoRT, this site is the best place to be [^]:D, my lack of confidance is stopping me from posting on the forums at the mo, but I'm working on it. I feel I am the one who should be offering help.

Thanks again Phil,

Looking forward to reading more of your stories [^]:D

TAKE CARE

Wishing you well

LOVE ILLXX

mysweetshadow
02-11-06, 13:42
No worries Jill, we are all here to help one another. Everyone has there own problems, and somewhere out there some one has a solution.
I understand how my problems started and like yourself it was because I was knocked sideways, that things began again. I must recommend to people, that if you ever go into counselling, never to come out of it until, you are sure the time is absolutley right. I was in coucelling for my depression, and not that long after I came out of counselling I went wayward. Now Iam hoping that some day soon I will defeat my Agoraphobia and be able to go back into counselling again.

phil

jill
02-11-06, 14:08

I will not go on about problems on this tread, after all, this thread is supposed to be about your stories, :D

I wish you all the luck in the world Phil, Your day is coming soon and you will beat your angraphobia.

If you feel you need to chat, about anythng really, you can pm me any time. I always reply to pm's. Always Happy to try and help. I may not have the answers you are looking for, but then again, I may. Who knows.

The answers are out there for everyone, it may be in a book, in sometHings somone says, in therapist, in anything really, but the road to recovery is outthere, its finding it, thats the hard part. As for me, I found my answers through this forum, but what works for one, does not always work for another.

Wishing you well

TAKE CARE and thank you for caring. :D

LOVE JILLXX

mysweetshadow
02-11-06, 14:13
Hi Jill, I understand what you mean[^] i will deffinatley pm you from time to time, if you ever want to chat you can pm me also. I have another story ready to ppost up, and iam now in the middle of finishing my 3rd:D...LOL I will now fetch my second and post it up, for everyone to see.

phil

mysweetshadow
02-11-06, 14:15
This is my second Story i have written. This one is called A Friendly Adventure.

As I woke up this morning, I could not see, as the sun shone so bright. I began to rub my eyes, and just as my sight came back to me, there stood my Dad smiling gracefully at me.

‘Come along’ Dad said, ‘Today we are going on an adventure’. Before I knew it I was in my Dad’s arms being whisked around and around. Then Dad took me into the Kitchen to see Mummy. ‘Ohh what is that smell?’ Dad began. I recognised the smell right away; Mum was making my favourite Apple Pie. Mum then turned to Dad and said, ‘I hope my favourite Pandas are really hungry, for I have made you both a very big picnic’.

‘Um, yummy! Dad where are we going today? Are we going to see Uncle Otto and his big fish Pound again?’ I said, happily. You see, Uncle Otto has this big fish pound and He and Dad love to fish there. I like to go because my Uncle Otto is a Polar Bear, and his neighbours are Penguins. When I go to Uncle Otto’s I like to watch all the bright coloured fish and to play with my Friends.

‘Yes, Dad said, we are of to Uncle Otto’s today, but since it’s a nice day, I think we shall take you and you friends out to watch the big boats go by’. ‘I knew that Dad and Uncle Otto would be going there to try and catch the bigger fish. Any way I did not care because my friends were going’.

We set of on our way to my Uncles house. It was about lunch time before we got there, so my dad suggested we had a little lunch before we set off to the point. It was still quite early in the afternoon when we reached the point, and the thing was that there was no body else here.

Me and my friends, did not wait long to start having fun. My Cousin Totty had found this little hill near the water, and as quick, as he had noticed it. Totty made a run for the little hill, jumped, and Splash!! Into the water he went. Soon enough we were all following him. As we were playing in the water I looked over to see my Dad and Uncle Otto, trying really hard to try and catch the slippy fish with their hands.

I then turned back to my friends, and we swam and splash about in the water. After a little while we began to think of what to do next, and Totty and Daisy (the Penguin), decided that we went a little bit further into the water to see what we could see. Off, we went and before we could swim any further out. Uncle Otto shouted over at us saying, ‘you little Children do not be going out of our site, stay were we can see you!’ ‘Ok, we will!’ we shouted back to them.

Just as we got out past the point of the bay, we stopped swimming and we took a long around to see if there was anywhere we could go. Just to the right of us a little bit out, we seen this little island, where all the Puffins birds went. We made are way to Puffin Island, and we made sure are my Dad and Uncle Otto could see us, so we began to wave. Just as we began to wave, the grown ups began to wave back, so we knew it was ok for us to be on Puffin Island.

There was not much on Puffin Island. There where a few exotic trees, a few rocks and parts of a boat, that must have crashed onto the island. On the Island we thought it would be fun to play games, just so we were not sitting around with nothing to do the whole time. First we decided to play toss, toss was a game, to see who could through a rock the furthest. Daisy won that game, so she got to pick what we did next. After we played toss, we went on a treasure hunt, to see if we could find anything special or unusual. Unfortunately we could not find anything, and by the time we were finished looking we were being to feel to hot. Because, we were feeling so hot, we decided to all jump back in the water and make our way back to point. Just as we jumped into the water, a big fast boat went whooshing past us, creating this big wave.

‘Oh no!’ shouted Daisy, and as quick as I could look around there was Totty, being taken away by the big wave. I quickly began to think of what to do next, but it seemed like Daisy could not wait to think, she quickly swam

jill
02-11-06, 14:30

Another good story, with hidden meaning it it, learning children the safty by the water, always telling parents where they are and always telling the truth.

Look forward to reading the next one. My kids are to old for this type of story. I wish I had a small child to read it too, then they could give you feed back on the stories. Maybe someone on the forums will do that for you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

mysweetshadow
02-11-06, 14:40
ah thanks Jill[^] this is way iam putting these stories up, to see if i can get feed back, which thankfully you are giving me. I have tried them with my 2 year old and she likes them. I have also been looking around to see if I can see a publisher in my area to help me with making it into a book, but i cant find one at the moment. I hoping by the end of December or Mid Janurary, to have written around 20 to 30 short stories to make it into one big book.

phil

domino
02-11-06, 15:51
Great stories phil, do you read these to your daughter? seriously you or,t to consider writing for children,s books , may be your next story could be for us , you could include the names of people that have replied to your post. happy writing . lorraine:D

mysweetshadow
02-11-06, 16:08
Hi lorraine thanks for the comment[^] I have 2 kids, my oldest is 2, so she understands more than my yougest, but im think of trying on him to. At the minute, Iam in the process of my 3rd story, but certainly my 4th will include a few names of people who have replied.[:o)]
At the moment iam doing Childrens stories, but when i get enough to make a book and hopefully publish it, I might change my genre. Im really consider taking different Avenues.

phil

summernites
19-08-08, 20:32
phil how wonderful your story. children can relate and draw comfort from their own surroundings. keep writting and post us more!!:yesyes:

summernites
19-08-08, 20:39
phil you definaly have the gift. keep writting but dont change too much in yr writting should you chose a nifferant trail.....:yesyes: