PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or p.o.t.s?

Chili9
25-10-13, 12:18
Hi
This morning I woke up, feeling quite relaxed for a change, sat myself up and it felt like my heart was about to come out my chest, it was thumping so hard and fast up to 104 bpm. I tried not to get anxious over it but it lasted a good 15 mins to half an hour and then calmed down to about 80 but has stuck around that level so far. I have to add that my anxiety has been severe for about 5 weeks now and I was anxious on holiday about two months ago when the same thing happened to me then. I was just lying in my bed reading a magazine then a big thump and racing heart, I got up and felt like the ground was swallowing me up. It's weird because these are happening when I'm not feeling anxious. Doctor thinks p.o.t.s and told me to look at the Internet and see what I think. Big mistake. It focused on what can cause p.o.t.s and now I'm petrified because I've been having horrible symptoms for weeks and weight loss (although I'm hardly eating a bean these days) I do get dizziness but it says p.o.t.s can cause your heart to race up to around 124 bpm or more, mine doesn't, well, so far. Does anyone else get these symptoms? I'm not sure if it is anxiety or pots...

natalie5555
03-11-13, 19:48
I've had these there obviously palpitations and even when u don't feel anxious it could be your subconscious. The big thud i had them really bad at 1 point.. But now some days i get some and other days if i do get them i don't notice them as much. Its probably anxiety I've had the thuds randomly loads of times aswell! Hope your ok it sounds like alot of people who have panic or anxiety have these thuds!!