PDA

View Full Version : Typical! :( TMI

MissSunshine
25-10-13, 12:56
Tomorrows the day i go out for a drink for my best friends birthday and today I woke feeling a little nauseous and i have diarrhea! :( and feeling a little achy/weak.
I guess i have the bug that most people i know have had..
any tips on how i can try and make myself better for tomorrow night?

Typical how I only drink every few months and for this to happen im scared to drink tomorrow, in case of dehydration but at the same time i really want to drink just to join in with friends and act normal and have fun which i rarely do since having anxiety! :(

so any tips on what to eat drink or do with a tummy bug would be great x

gypcyg
25-10-13, 13:29
Maybe it's the nerves as well as the bug - Why not drink non-alcoholic wine or lager tomorrow? Tell your friends you are under the weather and don't want to exacerbate your condition by drinking alcohol. If you want to drink then why not have a cocktail with fresh orange and grapefruit juice (or other fresh fruit juice)?

When I have a bug I have a hot bath then get dressed again, put on a dressing gown and get into bed - I'm under the impression that the bug can't handle the heat so dies off quicker (this might be psychosomatic on my part). But I also find after a few pints that I forget that I feel unwell :)

LF87
25-10-13, 14:24
Just go out and enjoy! You'll forget all about it once you've had a couple of drinks. Obviously if you're really ill you'll have to stop in. But I think you'll be fine once you're out :) x

MissSunshine
28-10-13, 18:57
Thank you the night went great so to anyone who has come across because your in the same boat, enjoy your night nothing bad happened xxxxx