PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety got the better of me today!

anxious
01-11-06, 20:47
Ive been going through a really tough time with my health anxiety recently, mainly with fears of breast lumps. I 'discovered' a dimple when i tense my arm (don't ask!!) and its been driving me mad. Today i decided enough was enough and went to my gp. She was really lovely and checked me over - thankfully no lumps but although she isin't overly concerned about my dimple she thinks i should keep an eye on it now that i've found it. I have to check it once a week, no feeling just looking!! - what a challenge for someone like me!!
I guess most 'normal' people wouldn't have even spotted it let alone gone to their docs about it oh the joys of h.a.!!
Back on beta blockers and still waiting for CBT.
Please send me some 'no obsessivley checking vibes!'

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

manmoor
01-11-06, 21:25
Hey Vicki,

I can just imagine what your going threw hun at the minute. I bet your boob is getting some fondling lol. If I find out you've checked more than once a week I'm gonna chop them both off ok. Hugs in bucketfuls coming your way babe xoxoxoxoxox

Take Care

Mandyxx

yorkylover
01-11-06, 23:04
(((((((((((((((((BIG HUG 4 U)))))))))))))))))))))):D[8D]:D[8D]

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
01-11-06, 23:12
Hi Anx

Im sure if the Doc wasnt overly concerned everything must be ok.
Try not to worry.

Sending you lots of BIG HUGS

Love

Andrea
xxx

Lynnann
01-11-06, 23:38
Hi Anx,

Have to agree with Andrea, so no obsessively checking vibes winging their way to you.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Allie
01-11-06, 23:54
Hi!

I'm sending you millions of vibes! DON'T CHECK COMPULSIVELY!

I'm overcomming similar problems regarding worries over other illnesses and I'm finding it hard today myself, but I'm not giving into some stupid thought, and neither should you!

Good luck with the therapy, I'm in the middle of CBT myself, trust me it works wonders!

Big hugs!

Alison xXx

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

anxious
03-11-06, 23:37
oh im trying to be soooo good, thanks for your vibes especially mandy lol

xx anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

devon_guy
05-11-06, 20:32
*hugs* and hope you are feeling better.

What's for you won't go by you