PDA

View Full Version : holiday what holiday?

tam
01-11-06, 20:53
HI ALL AS SOME OF YOU REMEMBER I WAS GOING TO MY CARAVAN FOR A LONG WEEKEND WHILE THE KIDS WERE ON HALF TERM.WELL THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.WE ARRIVED AT MIDNIGHT THURSDAY AND WENT STRAIGHT TO BED, GOT UP HAD BREAKFAST THEN MY 6 YRS OLD BOY CAUGHT THE WIRE ON THE KETTLE LEAD AND BURNED HIMSELF,I THROUGH WATER ON HIM AND HUBBY WENT TO HOSPITAL.THE HOSPITAL WHERE WE WERE WAS ONLY A MINOR INJURY UNIT SO HUBBY,RUNG ME AND SAID THEY WERE GETTING AMBULANCE I NEEDED TO GO.YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW I WAS FEELING.ANYWAY I GOT TO HOSPITAL AND I TRAVELLED WITH MY BOY 2 HRS TO OTHER HOSPITAL,WHEN WE GOT THERE THEY COVERED HIS BURNS UP AND DECIDED HE NEEDED TO GO TO BRISTOL HOSPITAL 3 HRS AWAY.WE THEN WENT IN THE AMBULANCE TO BRISTOL AND HUBBY FOLLOWING WITH THE OTHER 2 KIDS AND DOG.HE HAD TO GO TO THEATRE WERE THEY WASHED AND DRESSED THE WOUNDS AND WE STAY THERE FOR 4 DAYS.I STAYED WITH HIM IN HOSPITAL AND HUBBY CAME HOME WITH THE OTHER CHILDREN.HE IS DOING OK AND NOW WE ARE HOME AND THEY SAY ITS HEALING BRILLIANT ANDWE GO HAVING DRESSINGS CHANGED EVERY 2 DAYS.I HAVE PUT THIS IN SUCSESS STORYS AS I STAYED IN THE HOSPITAL ON MY OWN AND COPED LIKE I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD.DONT GET ME WRONG I CRYED AND PANICKED AND MY NERVES WERE ON EDGE BUT I FEEL SO GOOD THAT I STAYED WITH HIM AND I WAS OK.I DIDNT SLEEP AT ALL IN HOSPITAL PROPERLY AND THIS IS WHEN NORMALLY IM VERY BAD WHEN I HAVE HAD NO SLEEP.I DID IT AND GOT THROUGH AND MOST OF ALL WAS THERE FOR MY LITTLE BOY.THANKS FOR READING TC TRACY

anxious
01-11-06, 20:58
I'm sorry to hear of your little boys accident but glad he's on the mend. You have coped brilliantly, well done
((((hugs)))))
anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

kazzie
01-11-06, 21:00
Oh Tracy ((((((hugs)))))) and a big well done but what an awful time you had

Hope youre son is feeling better now

Take care

Luv Kaz xxxx

nomorepanic
01-11-06, 21:01
Tracy

Wow what an ordeal. I am so pleased he is ok now.

You did so well to cope and I think it shows that when we have to we really can do it.

Well done and sorry your holiday was ruined but glad that all is ok now.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

honeybee3939
01-11-06, 21:04
Hi Tracey,

im so sorry to hear about your little boy, but glad to hear he is on the mend, you coped so well with it all.

WELL DONE !

Love

Andrea
xxx

wobily_lin
01-11-06, 21:12
elo Tam,

god what a thing to happen eh. its soo easily done. my younger sis did kinda the same thing when she was little, it was a hot cuppa tea and she is scared...i can only imagine how ye felt, i def woulda been the same..but i think when it comes to things like this we do find in inside ourselves somehow and get through it...you have done great under such horrible circumstances..
Well done you and i wish your son a speedy recovery..
((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

groovygranny
01-11-06, 21:22
You're a star Tracy! :)

And your kids are so blessed to have a Mum like you!

Hope all is well now.

Lotsa Luv

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

yorkylover
01-11-06, 23:14
Well done Tracy you have done really well.I hope your little boy is feeling a bit better.:)

Ellen XX

Lynnann
01-11-06, 23:43
Well done, so very proud of you, you coped brilliantly in a very difficult situation. So glad that your son is on the mend

Hugs to you

Lynnann

tam
02-11-06, 09:33
thanks to all for all the kind words.it means alot.hes doing ok doctors pleased with progress,said its healing really well thanks again.tc tracy

manmoor
02-11-06, 10:18
Hi Tracy

Glad your son is getting better. I think you coped very well. xo

Take Care

Mandyxx

Granny Primark
02-11-06, 18:32
oh my goodness trac, what a lot you have been thru! If anyone needed hugs and also a pat on the back its you.
I am so glad your sons on the mend and feel so happy for you and the way you coped. It just goes to show what we can cope with when we have to, Ive been thru a similar situation earlier this year when my hubby collapsed and was rushed into hospital this year.
We seem to get an inner stregnth that helps us to cope.

I too wish your son a speedy recovery.

Take care
LYNN xx