PDA

View Full Version : Rang Drs today re scan!

jellybean43
25-10-13, 18:55
Hi
I had a scan yesterday as I have been having heavy periods for 4 years now...every since I started with the perimenopause....
The last scan I had was Jan 2012 and that was fine(according to the Dr) although there was a slight thickening of the lining and generalized fibroids...
At that point I was having very heavy periods with clots:weep:

Since then my periods have become much lighter ...and the time between them much longer..I have gone up to ten weeks without a period but then it has lasted for about 8 weeks(only stopped when I got norethisterone which I am still taking)...

Anyhow at the scan yesterday(see my last post lol) I was very worried as she told me the lining was thicker and that I will probably be referred to a gynaecologist:weep:...When I asked if there was anything else to worry about she said "nothing that jumps out at me"!She did however say that cos of my age this is very common(when she could see I was going to cry I think!!) She wasn't very chatty to be honest and of course having HA I came home and googled all the symptoms last night :shrug:though I DONT now why I do this!!!

My Dr is off on holiday now but she had left a note on my records to say that when I ring for the results I need to make a follow up apt with her! I then asked the receptionist if that is serious and she said don't worry if it was serious someone would have phoned you from here today not waited til you called in! I keep thinking is that how it works?? I cant get to see my Dr til she returns on Thursday...
Thanks for any advice:)

mikewales
25-10-13, 19:09
Yes, if it was something urgent then they would get you in straight away. Generally after any sort of tests the GP will ask you to come in and talk to them about the results and what it means, and what treatment is needed if any.

If they are happy for you to wait to see them, then at least you know it isn't anything serious or desperate

Fishmanpa
25-10-13, 19:10
No news is always good news when it comes to test results. When I had a FNAB for the lymph node on my neck, they called and set an appointment to talk about the results. That was bad news obviously. When they say there's nothing to worry about then there's nothing to worry about and the referral and follow up is a good doctor doing a thorough job.

Good Luck!