PDA

View Full Version : worried about going for a small op

pringles
25-10-13, 22:21
Hiya everyone
I have a small lapropscopy in two weeks re fertility issues. Im scared of two things.
a) not waking up
b) them finding some cancer in my lower region..

Just want the bloody thing over
Has anyone had one of these laproprscopy (sorry for the spelling mistake) under ga..

many thanks

Annie0904
25-10-13, 23:06
I have had a laperoscopy before (I am on phone so not sure of spelling either :) ). You won't be under for long so won't have a lot of anaesthetic. You will wake up :) my laperoscopy was done as part of an operation. If you had cancer the doctors would suspected it by now and told you so I am sure you have no worries there. You will be fine and you will be awake again before you know it. I have had GA about 7 times now.

Gingernut
25-10-13, 23:56
I've had two, one 17 years ago, I had a cyst on my ovary and was a few weeks pregnant at the time. All went well and my daughter is coming up to her 17 birthday in Dec and the other 11 years ago to get sterilized after my son was born. Theres nothing for you to worry about, it will all be over before you know it and you will be wondering why you where so worried in the first place. Good Luck :hugs:

pringles
26-10-13, 16:56
Thank you both for replying and making me feel at ease. its just my health anxiety playing up. Hopefully everything will be clear and I can start IVF soon.. :)