PDA

View Full Version : Doctors Appointment and Symptoms Going Crazy

looking4answers
02-11-06, 02:01
I have been expecting this appointment for almost a month.I have reasoned in my mind and studied fear techniques and even posted on the phobia board.I woke today feeling very strange.My mind feels as though Im freaking out.My arms are twitching ,my shoulder is hurting.I feel as though im burning up with fever although im not and my arms are hurting really bad.I feel as though im very weak and also just paralized..I am so scared about going 30 miles to a hospital tomorrow to an ent.I want to know whats wrong with me but also im so scared.Could I be paralized with fear the day before and feeling all of these things? Its going to be a long night and im not even sure that I can eat because of the way I also feel like my heartbeat is beating fast but I took my pulse and its normal..Is it just fear and anxiety building up? and if so whats going to happen to me tomorrow when I actually have to go?

myself
02-11-06, 11:25
Hi looking for answers

I find that all the feelings I have confuse the real issue, then when I go for an appointment I forget the reason I am there, since ptsd this is worse.
I have lately been writting down ALL the symptons I feel and then when in doctors or therapists having the papare in front of me.
The result of that is I do tell them all the important bits and I do get far more benefit from the appointment. Still dont like going but at least some benefit comes from it.
As for the ent department, been there so often myslef. they can check you over and offer help and advice, unlikley anything bad to come from the appointment, your tinitis is such a common thing, no one knows you have it, but its surprising how many others have it too. There is no cure but plenty of options for dealing with it.
good luck
myself

looking4answers
02-11-06, 11:32
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi looking for answers

I find that all the feelings I have confuse the real issue, then when I go for an appointment I forget the reason I am there, since ptsd this is worse.
I have lately been writting down ALL the symptons I feel and then when in doctors or therapists having the papare in front of me.
The result of that is I do tell them all the important bits and I do get far more benefit from the appointment. Still dont like going but at least some benefit comes from it.
As for the ent department, been there so often myslef. they can check you over and offer help and advice, unlikley anything bad to come from the appointment, your tinitis is such a common thing, no one knows you have it, but its surprising how many others have it too. There is no cure but plenty of options for dealing with it.
good luck
myself

<div align="right">Originally posted by myself - 02 November 2006 : 11:25:45</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Thanks for the help..I suppose I will make it through it too..But the kind of tintinus I have has many pointers to something serious.I just hope they say .hey its an ear infection and here is some antibodics and clean my ears out and its over.I have a fear of them finding everything I don't want them to and believe me there is a long list..I have to go and try to meditate and calm myself .I need also to sleep a little,i have to be at the doctors office in a few hours.i will let everyone know what happened..I just hope that I can hold it together..on the way and at the office.. Thank you for writing

ceecee
02-11-06, 15:50
good luck at the doctors hope all goes well for you!!!
take care rachel x x

looking4answers
03-11-06, 02:16
Update for going to the hospital for pulse in ears,
I gathered as much courage as I could almost
coming unglued as the time for my appointment
neared.I went to sleep late as usual and allowed
for very little time to gather strength again in
the morning.I got in my vehicle and drove
30 miles to the hospital and parked way out
in the parking area and walked in to find that
the doctors I was looking for were on the 2nd
floor.I was rigid as a steel pipe but was still
doing ok.I was tested for hearing..Perfect,
tested for tumors…no tumors..no infections
no fluid in ears , a little wax but very little,
no cancers, no lesions,no blockages, no
bruits no nothing. Diagnoses was loss of 35lbs
over the time it took for me to start hearing
my pulse rate..causing loss of padding also
causing shift of tubes nearer to artery also
TMJ causing shift in muscles and nerves
and vascular sections close to the inner
ear.Complete three hour test ,checkup
and blood pressure spiking but went
back down to normal by end of
visit .Cause of pulse in ears surmised
was loss of weight,altitude change
and stress.Doctor said there was no blockage
of arteries ,no tumors,and if I could live
with the noise,which I have lived with
tinnitus for almost 20 years I think that
eventually my brain will come to not
hear this anymore or it could go away.
Doctor also said that he could order
scans but they would be negative and there
was nothing that pointed to a reason for
any scans..In short…It is all in my head,
He said I would probably live another day
to make another post lol…Thank you for your
reply to me and help.I made it through the
doctor and for me that was the hardest part.