PDA

View Full Version : Im paralized here with fear about dr's anyone?

looking4answers
02-11-06, 03:42
I have posted just a day or two ago.i thought I was suppose to go today to the doctor but found out its tomorrow.I woke with a feeling of unreality today..TODAY.. I don't get it since its tomorrow.I felt paralized and still do ..My heart feels like its beating really fast ,when I checked it ...its normall.I felt feverish.. and don't have any.Then developed chest pain..found it was from being hungry .A part of me wants to get this over with and a part of me says no way im not going.I am so scared and as the night progresses I am getting more scared by the moment,but the things that normally happen with anxiety are not happening to me..I just feel spacey.. I am wondering if there is a logical part of me fighting the illlogical fearful part of me and not sure who is winning.I just know that when it comes to going tomorrow I can expect a wave ot terror..I don't know what happened to me..Since we have moved to a foreign place it scares me to go to the doctor..They don't know me and don't know that im anxious.. and Ive already been to one in a small building here close to me and couldn't walk or stand up straight for a few hours after leaving from the fright and now i have to go 30 miles to a hospital.Geez Im scared to death that I will have a heart attack and freak out but suppose I could just load up on antianxiety medicine before I go and perhaps take another beta blocker..I don't know how I am going to deal with it but I suppose I have to ..What if I don't go and just live with the problem night after night posting to everyone for reassurance or go there and they find out that there is something really wrong and then freak out.Its like asking a condemed man what kind of death he wants.I have tried to search and search on here for techniques about the phobia of doctors but they all take weeks or days I don't have that..So I have to find an answer now..I appreciate the people that told me I would be ok,but is there anything anything at all that can help? Please?????

looking4answers
03-11-06, 02:17
Update for going to the hospital for pulse in ears,
I gathered as much courage as I could almost
coming unglued as the time for my appointment
neared.I went to sleep late as usual and allowed
for very little time to gather strength again in
the morning.I got in my vehicle and drove
30 miles to the hospital and parked way out
in the parking area and walked in to find that
the doctors I was looking for were on the 2nd
floor.I was rigid as a steel pipe but was still
doing ok.I was tested for hearing..Perfect,
tested for tumors…no tumors..no infections
no fluid in ears , a little wax but very little,
no cancers, no lesions,no blockages, no
bruits no nothing. Diagnoses was loss of 35lbs
over the time it took for me to start hearing
my pulse rate..causing loss of padding also
causing shift of tubes nearer to artery also
TMJ causing shift in muscles and nerves
and vascular sections close to the inner
ear.Complete three hour test ,checkup
and blood pressure spiking but went
back down to normal by end of
visit .Cause of pulse in ears surmised
was loss of weight,altitude change
and stress.Doctor said there was no blockage
of arteries ,no tumors,and if I could live
with the noise,which I have lived with
tinnitus for almost 20 years I think that
eventually my brain will come to not
hear this anymore or it could go away.
Doctor also said that he could order
scans but they would be negative and there
was nothing that pointed to a reason for
any scans..In short…It is all in my head,
He said I would probably live another day
to make another post lol…Thank you for your
reply to me and help.I made it through the
doctor and for me that was the hardest part.