PDA

View Full Version : need to tell someone

bluesparkle
02-11-06, 07:06
hi...
havnt posted for a while...
been having a bit of a rough time but doing ok if that makes any sense!
i have seen someone from the mental health team and they were very good i go again on 14th nov.
anyway what im posting for is... well im not sure!!! lol
i just wanted to tell someone really...
my partner is flying out to australia today to visit his brother and sister he will be gone for a month... i am really upset and just not sure how i am going to cope without him...
our relationship hasnt been easy but we are still together and working at it but the build up to this holiday has not been good and now i am worried that he will have time to think and not come back to me...
also on bad days not having him here...
obviously being in australia our contact will be limited too as the time differance makes my day his night and vice versa...also he will be very busy when he is out there and i do not want to interfere with his time with his family.
i know there is nothing anyone can do i just wanted to tell someone and i know here is a safe place to do it.
thank you all so much for listening
rach

normalwisdom
02-11-06, 07:14
Hi Blue

I am sure you will be ok, will be thinking of you, it can be very hard to be sepatated but you never know it might help in some way, you may find that you cope better than you thought you would. If so that is a bonus, sometimes when situations are forced on us we can be stronger than we thought we would be.

Chin up[:I]

Steph

susie
02-11-06, 09:06
hi blue i know how you feel my husband was in the navy and when my children were very young i was left for months on my own with no fammilly to help and my health problems i was so worried how i would cope , but you do honestly it does make you stronger you will be fine if you want some support pm me anytime chin up suexxxx

Paddington
02-11-06, 11:09
hI BLUESPARKLE!!How lovely tohere from you..well not as you are upset but you now what i mean.You always gave me a helpin hand and iwondered where you were!MM ,ican see you would be stressin buti think it willbe a new start for you both.Wont seem like it now,but you will appreciate each other all over again when he returns.You will become more independant of him too,which will take away some pressure off your relationship.You willmiss each other of course but hey WHAT A REUNION!!!LOL!!Keep in touch on here,and we can support you thru it hun.God bless.love mary rose.xxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

trac67
02-11-06, 12:21
Hi Rach,

Use the time apart as a positive, use it to work on your anxieties, have lots of you time, and the month will fly past, and remember that old saying 'ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER', after a month away he won't be able to wait to get back to you again.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

yorkylover
02-11-06, 15:18
Hi Rach,I know just how you feel.My partner only went awy for a week and I hated it.I hate being alone.Try and be positive,he will come back to you pet.Try and keep busy if possible.You can still talk on the phone,you wont be interfering with the time he has with his family,your his partner.Thinking of you.
Take care

Ellen XX

manmoor
02-11-06, 15:35
Hi Rach,

I totally agree with what Trac says. xo

Take Care

Mandyxx

bluesparkle
02-11-06, 18:53
thank you all so much for the replies...
i am missing him so much already... he will land in sydney tomorrow morning our time so i am hopeing i will fell a bit more settled once he has rung...
everything going wrong already but i am trying not to let it get to me...
been a bit tearful this evening though but hopefully that will get easier...
thank you all for your support it means alot to me
rach

Piglet
02-11-06, 23:18
Of course he will want to come back to you - you're smashing!!!:D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Paddington
03-11-06, 14:55
awe,must be hard for you Rach.Early days tho,you have all us lot to talk to and the time will fly i am sure!My son[i know it different]went to america for 4 months ,he had never been away before and i was all over the place withworry ,but it did go fast and i so enjoyed our phone calls..it helped our relationship too!So it will be the same for you[with better makin up..lol..]thinkin of you .Love mary rose.xxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

pips
03-11-06, 16:55
Hi Hun,

Just to let you know I'm thinking of you please pm me or e-mail any time you want to off load mate. I'm here for you.

and ditto to what Piglet wrote!!!!

Take Good Care,

Stay Strong your doing just Greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaatttttttt!

Love & BIG Hugs,

Pip's X X X X

Pippa.

bluesparkle
04-11-06, 09:43
thank you so much...
i hope it will get easier just so many problems seem to have arrived already... washing machine broke thur so spent all the money he left me for other stuff on new one... today go a bill demanding a large amount of money for an over payment of tax credit...
i just wish i could get on and do the day without all the tears and this horrible feeling of anxiety... four weeks seems so far away right now but i know and take on board what you are all saying he will be back but i dont want to ruin his time over there by crying on the phone when he rings
thank you all so much for being there for me you have no idea how much it means...
rach

Granny Primark
04-11-06, 09:44
Hi rach,

i really hope that the time goes by really quick for you.
Im sure absence makes the heart grow fonder. Just think of what a great time youl have when he comes back home!!!

Take care
LYNN xx

chelsea
04-11-06, 13:00
Hi blue sparkle,

I have spent long periods away while in a relationship, and i found that although very difficult in the beginning it does the both of you good. Yes absense does make the heart grow fonder but it also give you both time to reavaluate what you both mean too each other which can only be beneficial to the relationship. Keep busy and enjoy the fact that you can watch what you like on telly and dont have to put the toilet seat down.

Take care and enjoy!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

donna

Southern_Belle
06-11-06, 16:40
Hi Rach,

Whenever my husband had to travel in a previous job it also seemed like anything bad that could happen did. Children broken bones, major appliances broke down, etc. I don't know if it was because he wasn't around to help me and I was alone to deal with everything or what but I was overwhelmed! Try to be strong and show him what strong stuff you are indeed made of, he will be very proud of you.

To occupy your time, why not get movies that he would never want to watch, catch up with girlfriends or read books that you have always wanted to read. Pamper yourself with bubblebaths and just do "girl" stuff. I agree with the others, he will come back and will love you all the more.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"