PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/feeling ill all the time.

toria
26-10-13, 12:44
Hi just wondering if anyone else with anxiety I have health anxiety feels ill most of the time it' like you can't put your finger on quite what it is a bit achey, headache, feeling sick, tiredness and more just alot of vague symptoms I am waiting for cbt appointment at the minute thank god. I also have ibs and get alot of stomach symptoms with a lot of stomach pains which scare me so much but had scans and blood test galore but they keep saying its ibs, just wondering if anyone else felt the same thanks. Toria x

toria
27-10-13, 00:02
No one

HoneyLove
27-10-13, 00:05
Anxiety can bring on a lot of different symptoms, especially digestive problems, and can generally make you feel tired and unwell from being chronically stressed. It sounds like you've been having a hard time, are you doing any therapy or using any tools to help you manage the anxiety?

toria
27-10-13, 00:18
Thanks for your reply, I am waiting for my first cbt appointment to come through so hopefully that will help, I try to relax and calm but it is so hard when I have these symptoms, thanks again x

cactusjohn5
27-10-13, 01:18
i hear you loud and clear! i am new to panic disorder and i have "all these symptoms" and they are all caused by stress and anxiety! Anxiety releases chemicals in the body that trigger just about everything your body can do. So if you can have it for a symptom, anxiety can find it and cause you to have it! Keep your head up, it does get better.

eastofeden
27-10-13, 01:44
Yes if I believe I am ill then I automatically feel ill. And then when I come out of the doctor I feel better magically for about an hour lol. The power of the mind over the body is extremely strong.

toria
27-10-13, 11:33
Thanks for the replys it means alot xx

*Fallen Angel*
27-10-13, 11:55
You are definitely not alone. I feel like this almost all the time but moreso at weekends when I have more time to think about it. In the week I am really busy and surprisingly feel ok most of the time. I also have anemia and often wonder if my symptoms are from that or anxiety which makes me more anxious! That said, that fact it does come and go during the day makes me think it's anxiety driven most of the time. Doesn't mean I accept it however.

toria
27-10-13, 17:56
Hi *fallen angel* thanks for your reply I have low ferritin which the symptoms are similar to anemia so I understand what you say about the symptoms I just want to feel well I now have chest discomfort I feel gassy and belching a lot but keep thinking heart attack it just never ends I constantly worry about something its exhausting, thanks again toria x