PDA

View Full Version : So dizzy :( help!

Izzytheanxietyqueen
26-10-13, 18:47
Hi I'm izzy and I'm 14. I have really bad health anxiety and I have felt so so dizzy all day I don't know if it's anxiety or what!? Also I am super nervous cuz I have been on the computer and my phone and iPad all day for a few days out of Bordem is this really bad?! Help please anyone!!!!! Also I have had bad knee pain thinking it's bold clot help someone! So overwhelmed

HoneyLove
26-10-13, 19:05
Hi Izzy, welcome to the forum :)

You're very young to be worrying about things like blood clots, that's usually the worry of much much older people lol.

What makes you so anxious at only 14? I know when I was your age I was bad,y bullied in school which made me feel very anxious all the time. I didn't have HA back then, but I was constantly on edge.

Have you talked to anyone about the dizziness? Does it come on or get worse when you are feeling anxious?

Izzytheanxietyqueen
26-10-13, 19:16
I get it because my dad died suddenly in may this year of heart failure I saw it happen and I am now so so worried I will die too! :(

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Hi Izzy, welcome to the forum :)

You're very young to be worrying about things like blood clots, that's usually the worry of much much older people lol.

What makes you so anxious at only 14? I know when I was your age I was bad,y bullied in school which made me feel very anxious all the time. I didn't have HA back then, but I was constantly on edge.

Have you talked to anyone about the dizziness? Does it come on or get worse when you are feeling anxious?

I feel dizzy when I am anxious, laying down and when I am on my phone?

HoneyLove
26-10-13, 19:20
Oh Izzy, I'm so sorry, what a terrible thing to go through. No wonder you're feeling so worried yourself.

When we are younger our parents seem indestructible to us and we depend on them so much. But to see your Dad pass away suddenly like that must have shaken up your own sense of security.

Have any of the adults in your life been able to help you dealing with what happened? We're you able to get any kind of bereavement therapy?

Have you spoken to anyone about how you're feeling now?

Izzytheanxietyqueen
26-10-13, 19:26
Oh Izzy, I'm so sorry, what a terrible thing to go through. No wonder you're feeling so worried yourself.

When we are younger our parents seem indestructible to us and we depend on them so much. But to see your Dad pass away suddenly like that must have shaken up your own sense of security.

Have any of the adults in your life been able to help you dealing with what happened? We're you able to get any kind of bereavement therapy?

Have you spoken to anyone about how you're feeling now?

Yea I mean my grandma helps a lot with my worries but my mum doesn't really understand my health anxiety so I feel bad that I can't talk to her about it and I am so so worried all the time I have counselling but they don't help my health anxiety really. I am worried that I have spent too much time on my phone cuz I keep getting dizzy I mean is this really bad for you or? :(

HoneyLove
26-10-13, 19:35
Spending time on the phone shouldn't make you dizzy. But if you spend a lot of time in bad postures like bent over your ipad then that might possibly make you a bit dizzy if your muscles get stiff. Anxiety can also make you dizzy, or it can make your face & neck muscles stiff which can make it happen too.

You should talk to your mum about the dizziness, it's not likely to be anything bad but a visit to your doctor might help. If you've had a cold recently it could also be a factor in it.

The best thing you can do is sit and have an honest chat with your mum about the health anxiety. Explain it to her as best as you can, tell her it was your Dad's passing that triggered it.

Have you spoken to your counsellor about the health anxiety?

Izzytheanxietyqueen
26-10-13, 19:41
Spending time on the phone shouldn't make you dizzy. But if you spend a lot of time in bad postures like bent over your ipad then that might possibly make you a bit dizzy if your muscles get stiff. Anxiety can also make you dizzy, or it can make your face & neck muscles stiff which can make it happen too.

You should talk to your mum about the dizziness, it's not likely to be anything bad but a visit to your doctor might help. If you've had a cold recently it could also be a factor in it.

The best thing you can do is sit and have an honest chat with your mum about the health anxiety. Explain it to her as best as you can, tell her it was your Dad's passing that triggered it.

Have you spoken to your counsellor about the health anxiety?

Yes I have had a cold recently :/ and my anxiety has been extra bad! I just don't know what to do because I get overwhelmed with horrid thoughts that I will die and what everyone will say and do about it and stuff it's horrible I just want everything to be normal again because my dad was my best friend almost he understood me like no one else did :( I have spoken to my counsellor about it but they don't really help :(

HoneyLove
26-10-13, 19:47
Well the cold might be the reason you're dizzy, combined with the anxiety. So talk to your mum about it, but it's likely that it might pass away in its own.

I'm sorry your counselling isn't helping, is there any way you could switch counsellors?

Izzytheanxietyqueen
26-10-13, 19:52
Well the cold might be the reason you're dizzy, combined with the anxiety. So talk to your mum about it, but it's likely that it might pass away in its own.

I'm sorry your counselling isn't helping, is there any way you could switch counsellors?

I will try and talk to my mum about it but I am just so anxious today, I have had the worst pain in my knee and feeling dizzy I don't know why :(

HoneyLove
26-10-13, 19:58
OK Izzy, we just spoke about how your cold & anxiety could be what's making you dizzy, so trust that and hold on to that thought. Reread the posts if you need to when you're feeling anxious about it. Talk to your mum about a GP visit too.

I understand you feeling anxious about talking to your mum, but it's a good idea.

In the meantime do something to help your body and mind relax, it will help with the anxiety. Go to YouTube, look for a guided meditation for anxiety or meditation and lie down, close your eyes and listen to it. If it really relaxes you then do it every day.

I'm giving you a link to a website that my doctor told me about, it's called MoodGYM. It will teach you a little cognitive behavioural techniques that you can use when you're getting anxious about your health or anxious about anything really. It's worth a look: https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome