PDA

View Full Version : CBT for Emetophobia in the UK

goldenchicks522
26-10-13, 19:55
Thoughts Id try a post here to see if anyone has any experience with this?

I've been told I will defo be getting CBT for this phobia

Thing is I feel I've been doing better since doing thrive, but it will still help me to get this CBT right?

Id hate and worry that they just cant help me or something lol, but I'm really prepared to try any kind of therapy to get over this fully. And make sure it's really gone. I think it has got much much less bothersome because I don't even think about Emetophobia unless I read stuff about it online now after getting the Thrive thing and doing it.

Had also considered seeing the thrive therapist to go over thrive with me again as I did it by myself, maybe after the CBT. This will of course cost.

So, has anyone done CBT for this phobia and it helped ? or what was ur experiences ? :)

spuder
07-02-14, 20:09
I am wondering this too I am going for cbt for emetophobia but there is a waiting list

sarahblonde32
19-02-14, 14:51
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cure-your-emetophobia-Thrive-Happiness-ebook/dp/B00H7WRN0E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392817724&sr=8-4&keywords=rob+kelly+thrive
I'm just starting this!

it may not be a cure, but i am sure hoping it helps me! it should eventually change the way you think and analyse things. The first few pages made me think about things.
sarah

PavoCristatus
26-02-14, 02:16
I had a 4-month course of CBT for emetophobia and I can't say it helped much at all. It's too deeply ingrained into my brain for four months of therapy to shift it. The main outcome was learning where it originated and why it happened, it did nothing to remove the fear in my personal experience, but I hope yours will be more effective!

pinkofire
07-03-14, 13:37
I had a 4-month course of CBT for emetophobia and I can't say it helped much at all. It's too deeply ingrained into my brain for four months of therapy to shift it. The main outcome was learning where it originated and why it happened, it did nothing to remove the fear in my personal experience, but I hope yours will be more effective!

I agree with you mind didn't really help either!