PDA

View Full Version : Are my thoughts psychotic or is this anxiety?

Nela555
26-10-13, 20:10
Hello, I was woried I will lose my mind because of milion of thoughts at the same time. I have read that confused and many thoughts are part of psychosis. :scared15:

For example,I'm reading something about religion and then I start to questions in my head what is real,what is not real,should I love all people,or not, I get scared, and at the same time I start to think about my cat,or world,humans,or about one singer etc.
Many,many thoughts at the same time,but that are not related, it's like I think about many things at the same time, and it driving me crazy,so I fear I will lose my mind because of thinking too much about completly different things at the same time. One moment I think about politics,second moment I think about how we will die one day. Then one moment I think about mentall illnes,second moment I think about ex-boyfriend.

Usually all thoughts that I have freaks me out and I want to escape from my mind.
What is your opinion? Is that sign that I'm starting to lose my mind?

nomorepanic
26-10-13, 20:21
There are some good things on this page about thoughts:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Rennie1989
26-10-13, 22:05
If you're worrying that these thoughts are as a result of psychosis then you are not experiencing psychosis. During an episode you are not aware of what is real and fantasy and you wouldn't feel bad for them.

Questioning religion is very common, and having those typical philosophical questions are common among everyone. Crikey, I question things like that all the time and so do people that I know. It's OK to question things around you, and to analyse them, it's a typical human trait. If they disturb you then try to steer your mind to different thinking.

Nela555
26-10-13, 23:34
Thank you administrator,your link has helped me alot!
Rennie thank you too,your message calmed me too!

nomorepanic
26-10-13, 23:49
You are welcome - glad it has helped