PDA

View Full Version : No Confidence....Paul Mckenna

hopeful
02-11-06, 09:45
Ive been watching Paul Mckenna this week on gmtv.

I went onto the website and on part 2 of the 'exercise' he asks you to remember a time when you felt really confident.

Trouble is I cant remember a time when I ever felt confident !!!!

I know other people think of me as a confident person, but in truth im not.Anyone have any advice / websites that may help?

julie x

Paddington
02-11-06, 10:13
iknow what you mean Julie.I have the same problem.I have got paul's books and cd's and when he asks that question or the one about feeling loved or having a comliment paid to you ..my mind goes a blank!!!I try and recall somthing and cant???I wonder if this is the deep root of our problem??Feeling so unworthy that we have blocked out any good stuff,lord there must have been some at some point???It is hard to build confidence if you cant remeber ever TRULY being confident isn,t it?Have you ever known you were right about something??Anything at all..the answer to a question on tv for instance??That is confidence too.A knowing you are right about something.Try that for your memory of confidence!Good luck.love mary rose.xxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Wannabeloved85
02-11-06, 10:56
Maybe try imagining being an actress or someone really confidant and appealing to you? Like a friend or a loved one who is really confidant.

Becci x

NPS_Paul
02-11-06, 10:59
I've 3 of his books. Although i'm not a fan, he states if you can't think something of yourself - THINK OF SOMEONE YOU KNOW and imagion you as them. This man is getting rich out of other people's pain. The amount of people he helps long term is mini, but in the short term he may give some a kick start.

Love to all members

hopeful
02-11-06, 12:03
Thanks for the replies,MaryRose,Becci and Paul.

I found this site which Im going to try.... www.bbc.co.uk/health/confidence/

By the way MaryRose, I always think Im right LOL, maybe thats part of my problem!

Take care
julie x

Wannabeloved85
03-11-06, 12:26
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I've 3 of his books. Although i'm not a fan, he states if you can't think something of yourself - THINK OF SOMEONE YOU KNOW and imagion you as them. This man is getting rich out of other people's pain. The amount of people he helps long term is mini, but in the short term he may give some a kick start.

Love to all members

<div align="right">Originally posted by NPS_Paul - 02 November 2006 : 10:59:49</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Interesting... the nation mass phobia was free! Plus... who doesnt earn money from other peoples pain? dr's,nurses,therapists, chemists are just a few of those who get paid to help other people, how can you make a living if you did everything free? Yes i believe he's proberbly overpaid, but atleast he's being over paid for helping people,not singing on a stage or acting in movies.

Becci x

carldourish
03-11-06, 13:18
Just pretend to feel, how it would feel to be confident. Remember as a child we all used to pretend to be Dr's and Nurses for example or mum and dad. You have a part that knows you don't remember how to be confident, so trying looking at yourself from your friends prospective. How do they see you. Try that and let me know?

Carl

AlsoPanickyPolly
03-11-06, 18:17
Here here...never felt confident ever. Feel worthless and unloved because I always was unloved. Even now. I sometimes find it help though like wannabeloved says to think of a famous person you admire and imagine you are them. I mena be you but adopt some of their traits. Even cut out a pic of them and stic it somewhere like on your fridge.

Wannabeloved85
03-11-06, 18:56
carl,

Can i just say that you are doing FAB on this site, really making a differance to the way we think. I think we'd be lost without you. Thankyou for sharing your experiences and fantastic tips with us

Becci x

carldourish
03-11-06, 19:26
Panickypolly,

You mention you feel worthless & unloved. May i ask 'do you love anything or anyone'. If you do, then you have a part that know's what love is.

Wannabeloved, what a lovely comment... making me blush.......

Carl

NPS_Paul
04-11-06, 15:54
Of course doctors and nurses have a recognised qualification in this country. In a similar vein i know c of e vicars who do extensive training, some ministers who do corespondance courses! and other christian groups run by people who haven't even read the whole bible! You get my point i hope, you can see a professional or a tv personality, i know which i'd rely on in the darkest times.
I hope we all want as many people to recover asap. Why try the edges of therapy, when mainstream has the answers. My area is phobias, just ask your family doctor or anyone in the field, any book etc. They'll all give you the same answer.
People's only problems are getting started. Then keeping going. Feel the fear - but do it anyway... is the only answer. Love to all readers, Paul.

Love to all members

hopeful
07-11-06, 11:17
Thanks all for your replies.
On sunday and yesterday I had moments when I felt fantastic. Nothing had happened, I just felt completely happy with my life. Today I feel ok too and Im hoping Im finally learning how to beat this anxiety/depression cycle.
Ive been practising Pauls techniques, Ive been reading Claire Weekes book, Ive been repeatin affirmations and also breathing techniques and distraction.Dont know if its one or all of these things but something is definitely changing. HOORAY!

PS. Since watching X Factor on Saturday Ive been singing "You are a dancing queen,young and sweet, only seventeen."
Actually Im 51 but so what !!!

Take care all
julie x

carldourish
07-11-06, 11:49
Julie,

you now have all these excellent tools to use now, you've said that you have learnt new skills. With any skill the more you try the better you become.

Well done.

Carl

Wannabeloved85
07-11-06, 14:01
julie, thats brill! Do youn use the hypnotherapy everyday?

Becci x

hopeful
07-11-06, 14:52
Thanks Carl and Becci,
Yes Becci Ive been listening to it everyday.
i find it hard to do the counting and listening at the same time though,but he says not to worry about that. Ive also been tapping away, feels silly but I think theres definitely something in it that works. I just know I feel much better in myself and Im going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts. Thanks again
Take care
julie x

Wannabeloved85
07-11-06, 15:03
Hi julie,
I lose the counting aswell! im useless at it, it knocks mum right out! but me... not so much. But i have been listening and relaxin to it and tapping away, not much of an improvement yet, but im am housebound.

All the best
Becci x