PDA

View Full Version : ovaries

PARR19
27-10-13, 11:34
Could anyone tell me symptoms of ovarian cancer? I have a few symptoms but then again that could be the symptoms for IBS.
I don't have major constant pain but I have a unbearable stomach ache after eating sometimes I pass wind a lot too (Tmi) I'm also 24 and rang a few times for a smear test but always told I'm too young

*Fallen Angel*
27-10-13, 11:59
Ovarian cancer can mimic other, not serious disorders so it's very difficult to accurately say based on symptoms alone. A very good site to check out is www.ovarian.org.uk for non-alarmist information.

Have you seen your doctor about it?

PARR19
27-10-13, 20:42
No, they seem dismissive when I tell them my age, I even rang up and asked for a smear but they said no because I was too young and the reading wouldn't come back correctly. Reading that link they say it's a persistent pain and everyday, mine isnt always like that, I actually was looking up stomach ulcers and it says it leaves you with a burning pain in your stomach that's the best way to describe my problem, I'm not having bleeding between periods either. I might go to docs and demand a smear

hangingbasket
27-10-13, 21:20
tbh.. stomach pain and wind sounds more like ibs than anything related to ovaries really. and ovarian cancer is pretty much impossible in someone your age... Im 29 and have researched it alot because it was one of my fears for a while.

As for your smear... how ridiculous to tell you the readings wouldnt come back properly because you're young. Like I say.. Im 29 and have had 5 smears and a colposcopy. If you want a smear and they wont give it... tell them youre having pain during sex or something. Anything to get the tests you feel you need