PDA

View Full Version : why am i like this?

tricia56
27-10-13, 13:28
hi I posted on here in the gad section because yesterday I knelt down to put my gas card in meter and all of a sudden I started to feel as if I was going to passout it lasted a few minites and it has scared me to death and ever since ive been really worried as to why that happened and feel im to scared to even go out now or even bend down incase it happens again . I have health anxiety and gad and im not sure because I have these disorders because im so worried and want to run up to see my gp to get checked over in case its something seriouse but cant because they are closed that its making my anxiety worse . and why do I always want to always run to see a doc for reassurance everytime something happens to me and find the need to get a explanation as to why that happened as I just want to be like every one else and not overreact to things that happens

Karol.Papis
27-10-13, 13:50
Hi Tricia, health anxiety tends to have quite high co-morbidity rate which means it is quite often accompanied by some other anxiety types like gad (I won't mention any more of them here - just not to put ideas into your head :)). The good news is that if one of them is weakened, e.g., through CBT and sharing with a trusted person/people, the rest of anxieties tend to decrease in intensity too! The GP can only advise you on physical health - what you described above sounds purely psychological...

HoneyLove
27-10-13, 14:34
I know how you feel Tricia, it's frustrating that our worries get so out of control and we feel such a terrible need for reassurance from our doctors. We usually end up this way because we are sensitive people, maybe with a tendency to worry, and then something really triggers it off.

For me the trigger was an illness that made me really sick and dizzy for about 6 weeks, it sparked huge anxiety in me and I've never been the same since although I don't struggle like I used to because of all the work I've done :)

Do you know what the trigger was for you? What was going on in your life when you started to worry?

It is possible to get it under control, but it takes hard work through therapy or CBt and often some lifestyle change too.

Daisy Sue
27-10-13, 14:40
One of the things I've realised about anxiety over the years is that something really normal and innocent, like just feeling a little lightheaded from bending down or standing up too quickly, can immediately trigger the "what's wrong with me, I don't feel well..." thought processes, and they lead to much more noticeable and scary feelings than the initial 'normal' one.

I think you just need to reassure yourself, nothing else has happened, and I'm sure you've bent down since then to put shoes on or pick something up, and you're fine... just keep telling yourself reassuring thoughts, and this particular worry should abate.