PDA

View Full Version : Pcos?

Em.ma
27-10-13, 16:59
My doctor told me about 7 weeks ago I may have polsytic ovaries (no period since April) and to come back in 3 months if I don't get one.
However I have a question. Can I gain weight From this? I used to be 7.13 on my scales. Last week was 8.1 now I'm exactly 8 this week. During the week in more like 8.7 then after a 'clear out' on Saturday :blush: I loose loads of weight.
Can pcos cause people to gain weight more easily ?

Annie0904
27-10-13, 17:08
Yes Emma, one of the symptoms id weight gain. However from what you say your weight hasn't changed very much.

sophieunderscore
27-10-13, 17:12
Hi Emma, I'm not sure if it's weight gain as such which is the symptom, rather than difficulty losing weight as it effects your insulin resistance in some way. Do you have spots/facial/body hair? That's how I was diagnosed. I've never had any massive problems with it though, it's a very common condition :)

Em.ma
27-10-13, 17:19
No I don't have any of those.
I had blood tests can't remember much what she said, was very confusing.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

So scared of gaining loads of weight you see

Annie0904
27-10-13, 17:38
Emma you must stop worrying about your weight. You are no where near over weight and you eat healthy so stop worrying!

Em.ma
27-10-13, 17:41
Thanks.
I really hate weekends. Really struggling this weekend. Just so alone and left to own thoughts. Bought a book, tried playing games but nothing working, just tearful.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Theirs not even any one I can text for a chat. No family I can talk to for a chat.

Annie0904
27-10-13, 17:43
It won't be long to your holiday now is it? When do you go?

Em.ma
27-10-13, 17:46
3 weeks 6 days as of today.
Not even excited anymore :'(

Annie0904
27-10-13, 17:55
You will be when you get there Emma, it is going to be amazing. You are going at a good time for shopping too. All the Christmas stuff will be in the shops. It will be magical :D

Em.ma
27-10-13, 18:00
Just don't feel like a young girl Annie.
Every weekend I spend most at home.
Never asked to out, none ever comes to me etc.
I make an effort at work and stuff. Everyone has each other on fb but no one will add me even if I ask about it :shrug:.
Hopefully it will be good Annie. :) just not feeling it at the moment

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ewnv60.jpg my case

Annie0904
27-10-13, 18:24
Oh I like the USA flag flight bag. Have you started packing all ready? I have been to New York but it was about 1980 :)

Em.ma
27-10-13, 18:27
Thanks Annie.
Found it in the shop today and didn't even think to buy it. Just went for it.
Haven't started packing yet. Not taking much with me as don't own many clothes really .
I've never flown before, been to Paris, Belgium and other parts of France But by channel tunnel x

Annie0904
27-10-13, 18:29
I was just thinking about how you could meet more people. Have you thought about a college course? They should be starting some in January.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

Thanks Annie.
Found it in the shop today and didn't even think to buy it. Just went for it.
Haven't started packing yet. Not taking much with me as don't own many clothes really .
I've never flown before, been to Paris, Belgium and other parts of France But by channel tunnel x

It will be really exciting :)

Em.ma
27-10-13, 18:32
Well I'd be a little unsure.
At school/college I was bullied very badly everyday.
Had a class of 29/30 all shouting ugly at me all the time. Was punched by about ten people in my class everyday. Called a boy, ugly, man, bushy, etc.
Most lunchtimes I spent in the toilets. Ate my lunch in their (if I ate). Used to vomit before pe lessons as I was so nervous.
So not sure I can face a college course. Even knowing they'd be adults.

Annie0904
27-10-13, 18:43
I am sorry you were bullied so much Emma, that's awful how you were treated. It would be an adult course now though, as you said so I would hope it would be much better but I can understand your reluctance from previous experience :(

Em.ma
27-10-13, 18:49
I put a message on the pen pal section on here. Maybe I can find someone to talk to x

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Theirs got to be someone out their who will like me.
I'm not nasty, I'd listen, I like to laugh.
I'm not exactly attractive but that shouldn't matter.

HoneyLove
27-10-13, 19:07
Emma I'm sorry you were bullied like that, what a horrible experience to go through. People can be so unkind. Xxx

Em.ma
27-10-13, 19:14
I remember a man once shouted at me from his car. 'Get a new face'
Another lady came up to me and said 'you have a funny looking face'
Never had a friend In junior school. Lunch time was spent sitting in the corner alone always.
Used to get bullied then to. Someone would touch me and say 'I've got emma germs' and pass it on to the next person who said 'Emma germs' so on.
No one ever wanted to be my partner in pe so I'd be alone and walk to the field behind everyone else who had someone's hand to hold and I'd have no one. The teacher one said 'who will let emma join their pair ' and no one replied.
I never even smelt. I was always clean and had clean clothes. :shrug:
Some people aye.

mikewales
27-10-13, 19:21
Doing a night class or something like that will be a lot different, they will be adults there who want to learn, not stupid kids in school and bullies. If you pick a course you are interested in then you already have something in common with the other people there

Annie0904
27-10-13, 19:49
I agree with Mike Emma about looking for course. You know what all those people who bullied...they are the ones with the problem..not you. I have seen your photos and there is nothing wrong with your looks at all. Other kids can be so unkind. I was rubbish at PE and I never got picked for anything at school either and I was bullied in junior school, mainly by one other girl. We can't let those bullies beat us though Emma, we have to show them that we do have courage...much more than they will ever have.

BecciBoop
28-10-13, 08:54
Hi Emma, I was diagnosed with pcos in my late teens. Ive since had two little boys but always found it hard to get rid of the baby weight. I find that walking (quite quickly) for about 30 mins helps with a steady diet. Im sorry to hear you're feeling alone, but your holiday sounds like something to look forward to! Take care x

Em.ma
08-11-13, 17:20
Still panicking.
I reckon I'm slowly gaining weight and if I have pcos ill be a 20 stoner by no time :(.

On the upside two weeks to my holiday tomorrow.
Cent let the bullies beat us :)

Annie0904
08-11-13, 17:28
Only 2 weeks :) The time has gone quickly. You will have a great time :)

Em.ma
09-11-13, 10:29
Two weeks today. Two weeks today. Woohooooo :yesyes: can't wait. Thank you Annie :)

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

I have Alicia keys- Empire State of mind on now. Soooo excited

Em.ma
11-11-13, 20:54
Still really scared ill gain loads of weight from no period :'(

katesa
11-11-13, 21:13
Still really scared ill gain loads of weight from no period :'(

So how are you tackling that fear? Any cbt techniques?

Kez_miller
21-11-13, 01:37
Emma. Honestly if u gain weight! So what! It shouldn't matter whether you're 12 stone 22 stone or 102stone, okay health wise it may not be so great to be 102 stone lol but at the end if the day you are still you! I was an 18 year old trim, well built healthy guy! I'm now a 22 year old morbidly obese unhealthy guy that lost everything and that now has to rebuild his life step by step, which I am doing slowly but surely! Don't let yourself make the same mistakes I did and have to rebuild your life from the beginning! U have your health right now! You're a good size and you're not a bad looking girl at all! The only thing u lack is confidence! But that can be sorted out easily with help! And as for having few friends. So what. Who need a hundred friends! That's just means you'll have to pick out all the fake ones and waste your life trying to please people who when real situations arise they will be the first to leave u alone! In life my opinion is, we only need 1 real friend. Two at a push! Who knows u may go to New York and fall in love with the man of your dreams! All I'm saying is! All is not lost for u Emma! Don't let yourself get dragged that far down that hole ends up being a million miles away!

Em.ma
15-12-13, 18:15
Trying to use CBt techniques but need to phone doctors tomorrow as not had a period since about April time now :'(
Really worried ill never have kids or something is very wrong x