PDA

View Full Version : I'm not the only one!

Leighroy
27-10-13, 21:46
I'm currently feeling extremely relieved due to the fact that I'm not alone.

I can honestly say that I've always been a little bit of a worrier but about a fortnight ago I suffered a bad migraine which lasted roughly 5 days and that's when anxiety took its tenacious grip on my life.

During the 5 day migraine I was convinced that I was having a stroke, had a brain tumor, bleeding on the brain etc. I eventually went to A&E and seen an out of hours GP, he examined me and then explained that what I was experiencing was in fact a migraine caused by stress and anxiety. Despite this diagnosis I have continued to inject thoughts and fears into my mind that I was going to die.

So over the last week or so I've been experiencing headaches, dizziness and general unsteadiness and an increased heart rate. I also thought that this was due to a more serious condition, which again fueled the anxiety.

Well tonight I decided to learn more about anxiety disorder and what I found has been a huge relief. So much so that the dizziness and unsteadiness I was experiencing has slowly began to fade.

Thanks to nomorepanic I now know that it is in fact anxiety that I am experiencing and that notion alone has eased my stresses considerably.

So thanks guys!

greensnapple37
27-10-13, 22:57
a really bad migraine was one of the things that triggered my anxiety as well. i'm glad you feel relieved, finding this site helped me as well. :)

i hope that you continue to learn about your anxiety and it helps you get a handle on it!