PDA

View Full Version : I think I have OCD

i suffer silently
28-10-13, 10:06
I really think I have OCD, this isn't a joke, I have most of the symptoms and I hate it. But my family make jokes about it - so I can't get the help I need?

What shall I do?

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

Nobody?

dancingfrog
28-10-13, 12:39
Hey there, can you talk to your doctor or an understanding friend. I too have OCD which morphs into a variety of problems, although mine is often obsessing over health and issues related to death, I also obsess over making sure everything I want doing that day gets done, things in straight lines and tidy etc. I'm not obsessive over germs though. If you need to talk get it out here or pop over to the chat room. Hope you are feeling better, my fiancé finds it hilarious when I moan about the plates not being right etc so I know how you feel.

i suffer silently
28-10-13, 12:41
Thank you, I have to have everything in the right order, I have a need to rub things with my hands if it go touched, I need to press the light switch five times etc.

dancingfrog
28-10-13, 12:45
Yours seems a bit more excessive than mine in terms of touching counting, have you received any treatment etc?

i suffer silently
28-10-13, 12:54
I don't think so because I don't feel the need to clean. No I haven't, I spoke to my ex-counsellor about it but she didn't give me any help for it. Do you get treatment?