PDA

View Full Version : So scared

Stacie Sue
28-10-13, 11:23
Day 12 of Citalopram and my anxiety is through the roof. I am really a scared shell. Afraid to do anything or go anywhere. I go to work and then come home and feel like curling up in a ball and panicking. So scared.

Tanner40
28-10-13, 11:30
Hi Stacie Sue. Day 8 on citalopram here. I just woke up to a horrible panic attack with aching arms, fast breathing, an unsettled feeling in my chest and nausea. I went back and looked at an old journal and the last time that I took citalopram, I had the exact same side effects. My anxiety level is now dropping.
I identified and wrote down all of my automatic, negative thought and then uncovered the distortion in them. Then I wrote a rational response to each of them. Within twenty minutes, I felt much better.
Have you tried CBT? It seems to work for me if I use it and try to put it in practice on a daily basis.
Hang in there. Everyone tells me that things will get better.

bab
28-10-13, 12:06
Hi guys
it will still be start up symptoms - scary but try and get through each day. By next week you should start to notice things are getting better

Britabb
28-10-13, 19:59
Yup. Side effects are blooming nasty!!! Cit heightens the anxiety in early days. I'm still getting morn anxiety but it's not lasting as long. Keep going!!

lisa2512
01-11-13, 03:25
hey hun, what dose are you own, you may need to move upto a higher dose to settle things.

i totally understand its scary, ive been there, im now 5 months in on cit, but i remember feeling like you and thinking it will never work, and how can i cope feeling like this for the rest of my life and being scared stiff, it will work hun, it just takes time, i know thats not what u want to hear, but please battle through, it will get better.

sending u a bit hug :bighug1: