PDA

View Full Version : Just had first psychotherapy session

Britabb
28-10-13, 13:39
Went in a bag of nerves came out smiling!

Let it all out, she said no wonder I was suffering anxiety and depression!!
The past 2 yrs and events built up and I got stressed which resulted in a nervous breakdown and the probs I am currently experiencing. I'm not mad!! I'm normal!!

Another session next Monday booked. Today is the best I have felt in weeks :)

I have another hurdle to climb this afternoon, hospital with my youngest who is having medical probs. but I feel I go in there now and be strong for her.

Tessar
28-10-13, 18:18
"Went in a bag of nerves came out smiling!" ..... That says it all for me.... Well done! I am so pleased you R feeling the best u have felt in weeks, that's brilliant. You will have to let us know how I get on next time round.

Meamwhile, How did it go at the hospital this afternoon?

Britabb
28-10-13, 20:03
Hi tessar, ty for reply!

We got answers, I came out relieved now things are getting sorted for her. All in all a positive day.

Dread the morn anxiety but if I can push through that then I can keep going!!

Hope u are well xx

Annie0904
28-10-13, 20:05
I am so pleased that your psychotherapy session went so well x

Britabb
28-10-13, 20:09
It was good. She just let me talk and she just listened. Then she told me that I was normal!! Sounds daft but I just wanted someone to tell me I wasn't going mad!! She said that stress of a few things I've been through caused this episode. She told me I have to look after me!!!

Annie0904
28-10-13, 20:20
She is right..you do need to look after you and treat yourself :) I found psychotherapy very helpful.

Tessar
28-10-13, 21:03
My counsellor lets me talk as well and then reflects back to me. Her observations really help me to see things much more clearly. its like unpicking a tangled web. then i am able to appreciate much better I have good reason to feel the way I do. instead of berating myself for not being able to contend with things happening to me in life, I realise that there are reasons for me to struggle sometimes.
I agree with Annie, you do need to take care of yourself, I find when depressed, anxious etc.... Whilst looking after yourself might seem an obvious thing to do, we seem to forget that we are worthy of self-care. We go about looking after others but forget ourselves.
It's great to hear you have had such a positive day & very good news that your daughter's getting sorted too.
When it comes to dreading the morning anxiety, hopefully use can use the positives from today to distract yourself from thinking about morning,:bighug1:

Britabb
29-10-13, 09:37
Hardly any anxiety today!! OMG!!! Shocked but bloody happy!!

Rennie1989
29-10-13, 10:00
That's fantastic news! Well done!

Keep that smile going all day, you deserve it. Learn from the sessions and how you are feeling right now, this will be a powerful weapon to you when anxiety creeps. You are demonstrating a lot of determination and persistence which is amazing to see.

Tanner40
29-10-13, 11:52
Amazing new, Brittab. I'm so glad that your therapy session went well. I hope that you have another great day today.

Tessar
29-10-13, 16:16
Oh wow Britabb, that's really great to hear :-)