PDA

View Full Version : Such a dry mouth with pregabalin

Kells81
28-10-13, 15:25
Hiya

I've been raking 75mg a day of pregabalin for several months now. I know this is a low dose but it was already reducing my anxiety and helping me sleep better so I was happy to keep it low.

I've suddenly started getting an extremely dry mouth though, it is do bad it wakes me up at night-I think it is causing me as much as stress and anxiety as I had before I started to take it.

I'm really it sure if the dry mouth is a side effect that has suddenly come on or if it is just another symptom of my anxiety and isn't caused by the pregabalin.

Has anyone had any experience of a dry mouth when taking pregabalin or of suddenly developing a side effect months after taking it? I'm not sure if I should keep going feeling this bad or if I should start coming off of it.

Many thanks xx

SarahH
28-10-13, 16:43
HI Kelly,

I have not experienced a dry mouth since taking pregabalin BUT I have noticed some new side effects recently (after 7 months)....I.E. swelling in hands and feet :huh: At least I THINK it is a side effect!!

Sarah

Kells81
28-10-13, 21:03
Thanks for replying Sarah.

It is so hard to know what is a side effect of medication and what is just anxiety/another issue.

This is why I hate being on medication.