PDA

View Full Version : behind eye pain - great. new aneurysm fear!

eastofeden
28-10-13, 16:39
so today i had to rush somewhere and was sitting down when i felt this aching stabbing pain behind my left eye and in the socket.

i noticed it was coming everytime i glanced upward or side to side when my head was tilted down.

it really hurts in my right side of the brain too. i remembered I hadn't taken my blood pressure meds today which made me think of an aneurysm :(

i went to the optician and she did some checks and took a picture of my eyeball.

she said maybe it was tiredness or a sinus infection. but then she mentioned something about intercranial hypertension but she didn't explain clearly what she meant :(

i have been noticing tingling in my arms and legs too.
really can't cope with more fear, i have enough already!
i am now so scared of having bleeding in the brain.
my great grandad died very young of a massive brain haemmorhage and he had high blood pressure too...but my grandma and grandpa are extremely healthy, never smoked a cigarette in their life with low blood pressure so they don't have the same genetic risk factors. i never thought this would become my fear but now im terrified!

roxy90
28-10-13, 17:15
Hey this is my huge fear that I'm battling at the minute. I cant help you because I cant help myself but wanted.you to know your.certainly not alone x

eastofeden
28-10-13, 17:22
thanks roxy. im glad someone understands but it's a really crippling fear isn't it?

i hadn't even heard of it before.

hope you find peace of mind soon xxx

i forgot to say i felt nauseous and irritable all day today too :/ and i have been losing my balance a lot too.

im sorry to hear you are suffering :(

roxy90
28-10-13, 17:33
It is crippling, I cant begin to.describe how much it affects my life, every day I believe is my last and its so so hard.

I have pain in my head and in
y eye, I feel lightheaded a lot, get pains in my neck.and fingers. Im only 22, no family history, dont smoke, blood pressure isnt too high, cholesterol is fine now however it was.high during childhood so I believe I've damaged my arteries and vessels beyond reapir x

Fishmanpa
28-10-13, 18:06
I believe I've damaged my arteries and vessels beyond repair

I'd be willing to bet my life savings your arteries are perfectly fine. Wanna bet? ;)

roxy90
28-10-13, 18:20
Hah yes I would like to bet !

Fishmanpa
28-10-13, 19:06
Hah yes I would like to bet !

Well then... get your GP to order a Stress Test (which he probably won't do because.... well you're FINE! :)). Then, after the treadmill and injecting you with dye, they'll take pictures and be able to see if you have any artery issues worth worrying about.

Based on the fact that you're younger than my son, don't smoke, barely drink, have really good BP, no family history etc... I'm already counting my money ;)

roxy90
29-10-13, 18:49
Oh I'd love a stress test, I just wouldn't be given one. Brain aneurysm fear is very bad Today awful one sided headache and eye pain. Hope you are okay.eastofeden.x

laine2018
29-10-13, 19:06
im an optemetric assistant, if they took a photo of your eye and she was not concerned... all is well... stroke... tumors and what not show up from swelling in optic nerves on the picture. the pressure in ur eye can be many many benign things! :) i get it too... likely stress, blood pressure or even allergies

eastofeden
29-10-13, 21:10
thanks guys. i was worried that my high bp was causing an aneurysm or something the pain because it did lessen after taking my bp meds.

penguin120
24-11-13, 16:06
I bet it was just a sinus headache!(: