PDA

View Full Version : Heart worries...again!

ady1779
28-10-13, 18:39
I'll try to keep this short! Basically I feel my heart rate all the time! In my neck or in my chest and it has developed a bigger fear of my heart. I feel like my heart is always racing and I don't know if this is because I am hyper aware or because there is a problem! I had a ECG a week okay which was normal. My gp doesn't believe there is an issue and no one in the past has ever stated they think I have a heart issue. But for some reason I have latched onto this and believe I have a un-diagnosed problem. Can anxiety elevate your heart rate even when you don't feel anxious??? I feel like the minute I take my pulse, it speeds up and I can never get a relaxed rate, if I have one. I feel like my heart is fast and can constantly feel it. I worked out today, cross fit, which I was hyper aware of every tickle of my heart! I couldn't get a slower rate afterwards which just increased my anxiety! Do others feel this way??

j2
28-10-13, 18:42
Yes anxiety can raise your heart at times when you don't feel anxious. I workout frequently and my resting heart rate is still relatively high all the time. If I go to the doctor and as soon as they put that cuff on my arm, I can feel my heart rate spike. I know it is hard right now, but believe in what the doctors are telling you. Good luck

ady1779
28-10-13, 19:18
Thanks for the reply! I just wish I didn't FEEL my heart all the time right now! I feel like my face is still flushed too, even though I haven't worked out now for three hours!

janerbelle
28-10-13, 20:32
I check my pulse all the time too... Neck wrist even in my fingers. I also watch my pulse in my wrist to.. I worry my heart is too slow and I get eptopics which scare the life out of me. :ohmy: too be honest your dealings with the doctor is the Same as mine but I have had a 24 hour tape done and also have a an appointment with a consultant.I think that is because I went running to the doctors saying my pulse was tachy at 168 but I had timed the beats for 30 secs and then times it by four not two lol.. Pulse was 84.. Sure the doctor thinks I am mad lol
If it helps I used to be a cardiographer and did ecg's everyday and every body's pulse is different and saw all sorts.. I often have to remind myself of this too :). Too be honest I was a bit relieved when I read your post, to know I am not the only one.
Jan x