PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I'm failing

dancingfrog
28-10-13, 19:36
Having a pretty poo day! I've managed to eat ok until tea time, I could only manage about five pieces of small chicken and about ten sweet potato fries. I'm really mad with myself. I've now developed a phobia of swallowing the food now, I'm ok to put solids in and chew, then it seems as though when I swallow it's not going down and I'm not pushing it down enough before I breathe and therefore will choke. I know I'm probably swallowing fine but I'm scared this is going to make me set back and revert to liquids again. I'm feeling so negative today, all I'm thinking about is oh no I won't be able to swallow my breakfast properly, arrrgggghhhh this is so annoying!

Rennie1989
28-10-13, 19:47
Being angry at yourself is counter productive. When recovering from a mental illness there will be relapses, everyone of us here has relapsed on so many occasions. Just accept that it has happened and work to overcome the relapse and getting back on track. Remember, relapse is a stage of recovery.

dancingfrog
28-10-13, 19:54
Thanks Rennie, I know I've got to stop dwelling, forget about it and carry on! It's not easy or quick but what I've done so far is amazing and although I feel negative I have still ate today!

Barnabas75
28-10-13, 20:06
Hey Froggie,sorry to hear today was a bumby one for you.So what,today was a pood day,tomorrow might be a good day.Keep going through the pood days and you get back to the good days.Chin up lady,you are getting there!:)

dancingfrog
28-10-13, 20:08
Thanks Greg my poo days are less than my good days so I'm going to beat this, hold on let me rephrase. I AM BEATING THIS!

Barnabas75
28-10-13, 20:18
Thats it,turn those thoughts around.:yesyes:

We are all cheering you on.Let that lift you.We are in this fight together.

dancingfrog
28-10-13, 20:19
I feel a bit better now, thanks Greg!

Rennie1989
28-10-13, 21:26
You have definitely done very well in a short amount of time, I remember some of the threads you've created and you're nowhere near that anymore. Do praise yourself and give yourself a pat on the back :)