PDA

View Full Version : low blood pressure?

tricia56
28-10-13, 19:57
hi sorry to post yet again but I went to see gp today because on sat I knelt down and felt faint as if I was going to passout and it scared the life out of me and ive had a headache and weeing more than normal and the doc checked my blood pressure and said it was low and, I don't usally suffer with low blood pressure he said that I could be dehyidrated and to drink more . but my problem is all day I have been googling low blood pressure causes and what can happen and now I cant stop worring incase either it happens again or something will happen to me if it carrys on being low I know I shouldn't google but I just cant seem to help it I do it every time there is something wrong with me and I know it only makes me worse also I want to keep checking my blood pressure now (by the way I haven't got a blood pressure meonitor) or go back to my gp in a couple days to see if it has gone down, can any one tell me if they do wat I do asi don't want to be like this all the time and if its normal in health anxiety to behave this way thk you ps my blood pressure was 89 over 67 if any one knows anything about blood pressure

Annie0904
28-10-13, 20:07
My blood pressure is always low. Much better to be low than high :) It does make me feel a little dizzy sometimes but if I eat regular it helps.

Mountainclimber
28-10-13, 20:28
your blood pressure is that of a top athlete, blood pressure measures the pressure on your arteries when the heart beats, the top pressure is the systolic pressure, this is the pressure exerted on the arteries when the heart beats, IE pumps, the diastolic the lower number is pressure applied on the arteries when the heart is at rest, IE between beats. 89/67 if you take 67 from 89 this will give you pulse pressure, you will get different readings throughout the day, depending on what your doing. If you doctor was concerned he would have put you on a 25 hour monitor, which takes your BP every 20 minutes for 24 hours even at night, to record your nocturnal pressure, this is the pressure when your asleep, when it is at its lowest.
One thing i will say is DONT Google signs symptoms or illness, you will drive yourself to despairer .
Im sure your be fine, and dont be afraid to ask your GP any questions
Good Luck stay positive :D