PDA

View Full Version : New member seeking friends and support!

szg
02-11-06, 18:10
Hi !

My name is Shelley and I'm suffering from stress which has brought back the panic attacks and agoraphobia I thought I'd got rid of 20 yrs ago!
I first had panic attacks at 15 which lasted a few months and went away .However over the last 3 yrs they have returned with a vengeance and I seem to be getting worse and worse and I don't know what to do.
I have an appointment at the docs tomorrow but that makes me really stressed!
I work full time in a v stressful job and don't know whether I need time off or if plugging away is the answer?
Hoping to hear from you as we all need support from time to time.Any tips would be great!!

Shelley

Sue K with 5
02-11-06, 18:13
Hi shelley

Welcome to NMP

Going to the doctors is a good start, one thing I will say is dont give into this by all means take some time off if you feel you need a break but dont let panic control your life you have to learn to take control of it

This forum has some amazing tips so read on and come into chat there are some lovely people in there who can help and guide you

Dont feel alone and make sure the doctor listens to you tomorrow

Let us know how you get on

Sue

xxxx

scknight

honeybee3939
02-11-06, 18:28
Hi Shelly

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see your here, im sure you will get some great advice and make new friends on the way!:D

Hope all goes well at the doctors tommo!

Love

Andrea
xxxx

matilda
02-11-06, 18:29
Hi and welcome, good luck for the docs!!!

manmoor
02-11-06, 18:31
Hi Shelley,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

domino
02-11-06, 18:49
Hello shelly,sorry to hear that your feeling this way, you have come to the right place,you will find plenty of friends here,and you will get loads of advice. good luck with your g.p. 2moz ,let us know how you got on. take care. lorraine.

jill
02-11-06, 18:52
Hi Shelly :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
02-11-06, 19:07
Hi Shelley

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

When I was at my worst and very acute with panic and anxiety I took a month off work and did some work from home to lessen the stress.

Then I went back part-time for 2 weeks and gradually back to full-time again.

Maybe you need some time to recharge your batteries so you have the energy to fight it.

Good luck tomorrow.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

clickaway
02-11-06, 19:16
Hi Shelley,

Glad you seeing the docs, but whatever the outcome I would certainly try and find more 'you' time.

Having time off work never did anyone any harm, but I would advice to use your time thoughtfully.

Go for a walk at least once a day, preferably with a purpose was one that my doctor advised when I got stressed out with anxiety last year.
Try to keep busy so you don't dwell on what is worrying you (including the guilt of not being at work, perhaps?)

Best of luck for tomorrow.

Listen to your body,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

keepemlaughing
02-11-06, 19:46
Hi Shelley,
You have come to the right place. These people are wonderful and you can't help feeling better after a chat or two. Be sure and check out the live chat from the home page.
Sheryl

Sheryl

Amber
02-11-06, 19:53
Sorry to hear you are feeling the way you do. Listen to your body and if you feel that you need some time off work, that might help you! Welcome to the site, there is lots of advice here and some really nice people who understand what you are going through! Good luck with the docs tomorrow. Take Care

Amber

yorkylover
02-11-06, 20:40
Hi Shelley sorry to hear you are so stressed at the moment.Dr's is a good start.If you need time off take it,it might do you good.
You will get great advise from the site.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

nicjay
02-11-06, 21:34
Hi Shelley

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of useful information on here. I find when my stress gets to an extreme level it makes my anxiety really bad and so i try to look for ways of reducing stressful elements in my life and finding time for myself.

Nic
xxx

trac67
02-11-06, 22:29
Hi Shelley,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

LickeyEndBlues
02-11-06, 23:56
Welcome Shelley

I've been using this for about 4 weeks now and it is really useful and friendly.

Going to the docs is good, just remember you will NOT be the first person he/she will have seen with the same syptoms.

Take care and come and join us in the live chat or forums

Iain

Laisez les bon temp roulez

Allie
03-11-06, 19:23
Hi and welcome!

Alison xXx

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

szg
03-11-06, 21:26
Hi everyone!

Thankyou all so much for taking the time to send messages of support - it really helps!
Went to the docs and have been told to take some time off to concentrate all my energy into getting better,
I've listened to all the advice though about needing to get out and about and not hide at home so today I went for a (little!) walk in the park on my own - not a giant step for mankind but a little tip toe for me nonetheless!!

Shelley x

GAD
03-11-06, 22:11
Hi szg

Welcome
I'm absolutely sure you will be able to get back on track with the help of this great site!

Michelle
[:X]