PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable CBT

Sue K with 5
02-11-06, 19:18
I went for a CBT assessment in October 2004 before things got as bad as they did eventually, and was told to expect an 18 month waiting list.

I actually thought they were joking and in the meantime have seen approx 6 cpns and finally on October 31st that 2 years and 1 week I get a letter yesterday telling me "YOU ARE NOW ON THE TOP OF THE WAITING LIST AND AN APT SHOULD BE SENT IN THREE WEEKS TIME"

Had I not been sitting down I would have dropped to the floor with shock.

The funny things is on the same day I eventually have found a private therapist who does Hypnotherapy and cognitive therapy and am now at a loss as to whether I should ACCEPT the CBT apt or go with the private therapist as at least he only made me wait four days before he could see me.

Suggestion on a postcard please because I am really stumped. For a year now I have gone through so much with therapy I just want some stability

Sue

xxxx

scknight

Ross
02-11-06, 19:26
I had several sessions of Hypnotherapy, and it was rubbish. £80 for 50minutes..... Your better off with the CBT in my opinion. At least it will be done by a professional in their field, and not someone who's trying to make a few quid!

------------------------------------------------
Is There Really Gravity, Or Does Earth Just Suck?

manmoor
02-11-06, 20:18
Hi Sue,

I agree with Ross. Hope CBT works for you. xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

nomorepanic
02-11-06, 20:26
Sue

I would do both. There is no reason why you can't combine them.

I loved Hypnotherapy and had great success at CBT.

Good luck

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

honeybee3939
02-11-06, 21:06
Hi Sue,

I think both is a good idea too, i had CBT last year,which was a great help, and then 3 sessions of hypnotheropy a few weeks ago which seemed to help also. The hynoptherapy was £30 for a 60min session,one of the sessions she taught me EFT. i didnt think £30 pounds was a bad price as i have heard of people paying alot more.

Love

Andrea
xxx

lainey
03-11-06, 01:14
Hi Sue

I agree with Nicola, I would go with both . No harm in trying and see which suits you best.
Anything is worth trying chuck

Take care

Elaine x

jill
03-11-06, 10:32
Hi Sue, :D

Ohhh you have been waiting a long time for the CBT, I think I would have dropped to the floor too, giving the fact that you have been waiting sooo long, I would not let this go, you may let it go and regret it.

I would say the same as Nic too, there is know harn in combing them, you have alot to gain and nothing to loose.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

chelsea
04-11-06, 14:17
Hello me sue,

Take what you can get babe if it helps you. And be carefull he dont have you running round the room naked barking like a dog lol

And the thought of you doing that is therapy for me lol

Love you loads.

Take care babe.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

donna

LickeyEndBlues
04-11-06, 15:08
Having waited this long Sue the CBT via the heath service should be your first port of call....suck it and see!! You then can decide whether to either change or incorporate both.

My concern about private therapy though is the standing of the individual doing it...how do you find out, unless you have word of mouth recomendation?

Iain

Laisez les bon temp roulez