PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried this for anxiety

I'mdave27
29-10-13, 11:11
Has anyone tried lucid dreaming for anxiety ? I just read online that it has great benefits on your waking life

Spot-the-frog
29-10-13, 11:14
What is it? I have never heard of lucid dreaming :)

BrownCow
29-10-13, 14:37
Has anyone tried lucid dreaming for anxiety ? I just read online that it has great benefits on your waking life

How does it work? I mean if you are sleeping how does that help you when awake?

Rennie1989
29-10-13, 16:20
My brother in law tried it and it does work, or so he says. I've thought of trying it out but never tried it. I'm not sure how it would benefit your waking life though, as the aim is to be aware you are dreaming, whilst dreaming. Could I possibly see the link to this site as I'm curious to know more.

FYI A lucid dream is when the dreamer is conscious that they are dreaming. My brother in law performed the same physical response everyday multiple times, like tapping his palm with his fingers. Doing it means that you can enter a lucid dream as the same physical response will make you aware that you are dreaming. Sounds interesting but takes a long time to accomplish.

BrownCow
30-10-13, 02:32
Too me lucid dreaming is more about clarity than control. I've only been able to control my dreams with lucid techniques once. I sort of came to believe that the reason for it is because when you do those waking mind tricks you are pretending you are magic or inter-dimensional to some degree. Something your brain is not used to. I would practice thinking of creating things out of thin air or making attractive women appear. It worked once but even in the dream I was annoyed by it not working right. Since dreams tend to reflect waking life with residue I sort of felt like my lucid dream was reflecting my frustrations at trying to lucid dream and not being able to.