PDA

View Full Version : Physical (mainly neurological) affects of anxiety?

panicperson
29-10-13, 12:41
Hi all

I thought I'd find it helpful to know what frequent physical effects of anxiety you have, and if these mimic neurological disorders???

Me:
*all over twitches- mainly last a second
*arch of foot twitching-daily, if I really stare I see them so ALS fear
*funny sensations in left leg and arm: wet/cold/burning etc
*tiredness
*tearful
*tremor (mainly left hand.)

HoneyLove
29-10-13, 12:50
When I am going through a period of feeling extremely stressed or anxious I get very shaky hands, they tremble for no reason at all even when I am feeling relaxed at the time. It's happened to me several times & it's always a sign that I need to come down and start taking care of myself.

I also get muscles twitching in my face and my stomach/gut which is an odd one lol. I can also feel extremely weak, out of my body and like my arms don't belong to my body.

You'll find that many people here get twitching and trembling along with other neurological symptoms. It can be scary, but after reading Claire Weekes's book Self Help For The Nerves I just try to relax and accept things instead of getting more upset.

panicperson
29-10-13, 13:35
Does that book make reference to those symptoms?

HoneyLove
29-10-13, 14:03
Some of them, yes, like the trembling. It describes how the nerves are affected by anxiety and is very good for helping you work your way through the anxiety.

They are also mentioned in the symptoms section of this website (the menu on the left).

tiff123
29-10-13, 14:05
In the past I have had
- burning all over (extremely painful)
- buzzing/popping/pins and needles all over
- twitching all over
- tremors
- electric shock type sensations

I had the burning constantly for a year, many years ago.

In recent times, thanks to a super stressful house move, that went wrong in most possible ways, I've had intense itching all over my skin but once I relax its gone within 24 hours. Also taking allergy meds helps as has antihistamine in which I think is what causes the itching from stress.

Thankfully a few hours ago we finalllly exchanged on our house purchase so time to focus on health and less stress now.