PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever paid for private tests?

Chili9
29-10-13, 15:41
Hi
I'm so tempted to pay for private tests. For nearly two months I've had diarrhoea and reflux symptoms. I have hardly eaten a bean and when I do I feel worse. I get a rash on my chest and last night my face was burning and went pure red like a shiny tomato and that's when I wasn't feeling anxious! This morning I forced some porridge and rice milk down my throat and after i had really dark loose stools so off to the doctor and he didn't seem concerned (mum said that's a good thing) and he said I could have a possible stomach ulcer so gave me meds for that and for anxiety. Plus I told him I'm convinced I'm allergic to a food source and he has given me antihistamines. I was petrified but he said blood tests were normal and he felt my stomach and he again didn't seem concerned. I asked if I could get tests done for a food allergy/intolerance and he said there's not much you can do. So I was wondering if there is any reliable source in the uk who would do a food allergy/intolerance test in the uk and I would pay anything just to find out why I feel so rubbish all the time. To me it's something causing my anxiety, not the other way round. Can someone give me guidance...?