PDA

View Full Version : Slanningsbird Introduction

Slanningsbird
09-07-04, 09:23
Hi I'm Slanningsbird, AKA Zoe.

I suffer from Anxiety & Anxiety related depression. Was diagnosed in 2000, but have suffered from very low self esteem & self worth for most of my life.

I have a bad relationship with my parents and one past relationship that was very traumatic - both have taken their toll on my self confidence in a big way.

Currently on meds, but having dosage reduced so that I can be changed onto different tablets, so I'm feeling pretty rough at the moment as my mind gets used to it.

I'm very into music, and find this can be very cathartic when I am feeling low.

Um, that's all I can think of at the moment.

From what I have seen of the site so far, I'm really impressed. I look forward to "meeting" some of you online.

grace
09-07-04, 11:33
hi zoe,

im really pleased that you found this site, everyone is so nice here im sure you will find it helpful.

sorry to hear your not feeling too good at the minute with the meds but it will get better

what kind of music do you listen to?

xxx grace

simone
09-07-04, 12:18
Hello Zoe,

I only found this site a few weeks ago and its really been helpful.

Everyone is so nice and kind and supportive, most of all everyone understands exactly how we feel and what we are going through.

On good days we too can give advice and help others.

Keep positive and keep smiling.

Simone.x.

me
09-07-04, 13:39
hello zoe im mary its great you have found this site it really is so helpful ive been here since about march and i cant express how much its helped me and ive meet some great people. what sort of music are you into? its great you are having your meds reduced your really brave i know ive got to do the same but at the moment i feel ok so i dont want to upset anything!! well take care keep in touch from mary

Meg
09-07-04, 15:58
Welcome Zoe

Apart from your medicatiosn, have you had any other form of help for your anxiety and depression ?

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

seh1980
09-07-04, 19:38
Hi Zoe,

Welcome to the site!! Everyone here is really friendly and there's lots of helpful info available so I hope you find that it helps. I haven't been here very long and it has made me feel so much better already. Take care.

Sarah (seh1980)

jo-jo
09-07-04, 20:22
Hi Zoe

A big welcome to the forum, everyone here is just fab and will give you loads of support so if you're feeling a bit rough, this is a great place to come. Sometimes it helps just knowing that there are other people who feel just like you do.

I too have suffered very low self-esteem (not totally over it) and have been through some tough times with my parents in the past and have had loads of traumatic relationships - sometimes when you feel a bit low about yourself you seem to attract all the wrong people! The good news is after many years batttling depression, and more recently panic attacks and anxiety, things have settled down and I've just married the most wonderful guy who is lovely, kind, patient and tolerant - they do exist!

Love to hear how you're getting on - glad you've found the forum it really will help.

Take care
Jo xxx