PDA

View Full Version : GETTING BETTER

debera
02-11-06, 20:21
I HAVE BE SEEING A NEW PYCHIATRIST FOR THREE WEEKS NOW. I SUFFER FROM ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS. SHE PUT ME ON ANANTIDEPRESSANT. THE SODE EFFECTS WERE HORRID. SO I STOPPED THEM. WOULD SOONER GET BETTER WITH JUST THERAPY.MY MORNINGS ARE VERY BAD WITH PANIC. SHE TOLD ME IT PROBABLY WONT GO AWAY UNLESS I TAKE MEDICATION. WELL HEARING THAT JUST MADE ME WORSE. I AM SO UPSET. HAS ANY ONE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OUT MEDICATION. I WOULD JUST LIKE SOME HOPE
DEBERA

yorkylover
02-11-06, 20:50
Hi debera,sometimes we need the help of meds even if its to get us through a bad patch.I had horrid side affects and it took two weeks to settle down.After that they started to kick in and I found I felt better.
Take care

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
02-11-06, 21:04
Hi

Sorry to hear you are upset about things, sending you a BIG HUG Debra!

I was like Ellen , i needed medication to get me back on track also, the side affects do calm down, and to me it was worth putting up with the side affects for a week or so, as i dont think i could have got better without them, i know medication isnt for everyone, Hope you are felling better soon.

Take a look at this link Debra, theres some good advice on techniques you can use to help:

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

mirry
03-11-06, 07:41
ive made a 75% recovery without medication, i just think it takes longer.

I do carry diazepam pills for my worst days which i only use for special occasions (weddings,partys).

do whats right for you :D

mirryx

mick
03-11-06, 07:54
Hi Debera
i aggree with everyome else about anti-dees you have to give them time , and yes panic and anxiety will increase for a short time it does for most people including me, im nearly 2months in to when i restarted my anti-dees and ive definatley calmed down, try taking a good quality vitamin b tablet as well,as anxiety drains your bodys supply of vitamin b also maybe some form of holistic is very good ie rieki, indian head massage etc , i hope ive been of some help
good luck
Mick

kate H
03-11-06, 10:05
Hi Debera,

I have made a fairly good recovery without meds. I'm not 100% I still get DP for short periods of time and the odd panick. I think it all depends on the severity of your anxiety, some need meds to get back on track some dont. I went down the herbal route as i really didnt want to take medication. Changed my diet, did plenty of exercise, took vitamin B evening promrose and carried some Kalms around with me and just tried to mentally recover on my own. Seems to of worked but as I said everyone is different.

Hope u feel better soon!

Kx

****You can never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them to fly in formation ****

jill
03-11-06, 14:23
Hi Debera,

I had my first pa going on holiday to spain, long story, will not go into that. I must addmit while on holiday I would have taken anything to stop the way I was feeling. Not just the panic, but the fear was with me 24/7. The doc in spain did give me meds, I was on hols 1 week. Came home and my own GP took me off the meds and gave me Amatripaline (sorry about spelling) I was not on them long when I found this site.

I don't raelly like taking meds so came off them, must addmit I was scared doing that.

I owe my recovery to this site and only this site[^][^]:D:D. I have not had a pa in a long time.

While I do think that meds help sooooo many people recover, it IS possible to recover without them. WELL thats what I think anyway.

My daughter suffered a large Blip this year with panic, she is 13, long story, will not go into that one LOL she has NEVER had meds, it took a long time for her to recover but she did, she is doing very well now and I'm sooo proud of her.[^]:D

Everyone is different, taking meds is your choice, if you choose to take them to help you along the way thats fine. If you choose not to take them, thats fine too. No matter what your choices are, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

stace81
03-11-06, 16:47
Hi Debera
My name is Stacey,
I have been like his for 7 years and have tried diff meds, none of which have really helped.
I tried Citralopram it took 4 weeks to settle i carried on for 2 more weeks then stopped, im a great believer that its in us all to beat this although meds do help to take the edge off. Im now med free still struggle some days but always think its taken 7 years of my life i wont allow it to take any more!!
Its one big fight we are strong enough to fight it thats why we are still here!
Take care hope it gets easier. xxx

sford

keef737
04-11-06, 10:38
Hello Debra
I get these in the mornings as well and funny chest pains and I dont really know whts going on but one of the things I found helpfull is just go back to bed even for half hour or so pull the covers over your head and hibernate this helps my system calm down breathng etc my panics
seem to go away around 1.30 mid day dont know why ??? !!! then im ok

Ive had blood tests (2) heart tests (2) pressure tests (5) treadmill several times and they all turned out ok [^] so has everyone else I know with panic attacks and they turned out to be ok as well, my docter said avoid greasy food anxiety come back in 2 weeks thats it!