PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself :)

luci
29-10-13, 19:46
Hello, I'm Luci. I'm 25, a single mum to a 6 year old boy and work part time as a sexual health drop in worker in a senior school.

I suffer with anxiety and depression and have done since my son was born, however I never accepted this or actively tried to seek help up until a year ago.

I take citalopram 30mg daily. The main things that cause my anxiety are my sons safety, worrying about secure employment, not being in control of myself, or situations I am in (for example if I am a passenger in a car) and the usual suspects (e.g. money)

I have taken part in CBT therapy twice in the past and am currently on a waiting list for counselling because of past problems.

I feel very isolated, and although I have very understanding friends who I can talk to and am very open about my problem, still feel left out maybe? Not 'normal'? Like people only continue to speak to me because they feel sorry for me? I'm sure some people can relate.

Anywho I'm here to hopefully meet some understanding friends, offer support to those who need it and try to understand some of my thought processes and share the more explicit worries/fears/anxiety's I have without being judged, and have reassurance that I am not the only one who feels like this.

wow at first I didn't know what I was going to write and I've left an essay ;p

Thanks for reading :)

Sparkle1984
29-10-13, 20:01
Welcome to the forums Luci. I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

Annie0904
29-10-13, 20:08
Hi Luci Welcome x

luci
29-10-13, 20:12
Thanks guys :*

SarahH
29-10-13, 20:16
Hi Luci,

Welcome...hope you get lots of help here...I have

Sarah

Greg17
29-10-13, 20:36
Hi Luci,

I am new too (since Friday) and I am already finding tons of support here. Also lots of tips and great experiences that people are really willing to share.

Welcome :)

MRS STRESS ED
29-10-13, 20:38
:welcome:lots of help and support here

Candyknitter
30-10-13, 09:08
Hi Luci,
I have 3 kids much older than your little boy and I still stress about them more than I should. I totally relate to your comment about trying to talk about problems to others. I find unless someone has been through something similar, then however kind and sympathetic they are, they can't really relate to my feelings/fears.
I'm sure there will be lots of great advice from people here to help you x