PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lymph Nodes in Groin - Results

Limas
29-10-13, 20:13
I posted a few days back. I foud swollen lymph glands in my groin. Although I had a *small* reason to worry because I had melanoma (not fat along, 100% cleared) a few years ago, I spiraled out of control thinkig I had lymphoma, melanoma and a whole host of other craziness. They did take the nodes out because of my history even though they were tiny, tiny, tiny. The biopsy came back negative and there was a small level of bacteria in them - probably from shaving but NOTHING to be concerned over =)

I am going to try very hard to put this latest episode behind me. I was a wreck and all for nothing. It had me in knots for TWO months. What a waste!

LE
30-10-13, 01:35
That's great news. Can I ask what size they were?

Limas
31-10-13, 01:09
2 cm

Fishmanpa
31-10-13, 14:43
It had me in knots for TWO months. What a waste!

First off, congrats that everything is fine. I hope everyone reads this post as it's indicative of HA to worry yourself needlessly and it truly is a waste. I sense a fire of anger in your words and perhaps it's the fire that helps burn the anxiety out of you.

Positive thoughts and prayers

Gotagetthroughthis
31-10-13, 14:56
Congrats on getting the all clear.

I have a ton of large lymph nodes/glans that get sore and swell now and then in my groin but im sure they have been there most of my life, so despite having severe anx i dont seem to worry about these.

Hopefully you can be free your health worries for a while now Limas. Good luck.

Gotagetthroughthis
19-11-13, 20:42
What a stupid last post I made in this thread.

Its a strange coincidence because I said I don't worry about lymph nodes and now the lymph nodes in my right groin are more swollen and I have a strange pulsing sensation in them now and then. Maybe health anxiety is really that powerful that it can subconsciously make my body and brain affect my lymph nodes. I'm still not overly worried about them as I have always have large lymph nodes but they are definitely more swollen now and a lot bigger the opposite groin.

Dont want to go to the doctor just yet as they don't take me seriously anyway as they know I have health anxiety. Hopefully the swelling goes down.

Gotagetthroughthis
24-12-13, 20:17
Lymph nodes in right groin are still very swollen but not tender, going to have to get them check out I guess.