PDA

View Full Version : Starting Buspar tommorow - worried after googling...

Neurotic Nick
29-10-13, 22:00
Well today i went to see my doctor and asked him if i could start buspar as my anxiety/panic has gotten very severe to the point i can hardly leave the house.
I was for once allowed a say in what medication i could go on as in the past it was "seroxat or nothing". Now i was soo scared from the horror stories online that i refused seroxat at the time but after reading a little about buspar i was more inclined to give it go. It seemed like the worst that could happen was that it simply wouldnt work.

But just now ive been googling a little harder on it and predictably i found a whole bunch of horror stories. :wacko:

Now im working myself up again, im just so scared of meds!

Does anybody have any tips for dealing with this kind of fear and worry? I dont want to get into some sort of negative placebo effect where i get so scared ill start getting worse...

Baggs
30-10-13, 18:21
If you googled aspirin you would probably find horror stories.

Neurotic Nick
30-10-13, 22:37
Thanks yenool! Well the starting dose is pretty low so ill just close my eyes, cross my fingers and pop one ;) Was supposed to start tonight but there was some issue at the pharmacy and they had to order them in. So probably will start to tomorrow, i really hope im one of the people it works for! Hey when you researched it did you find anything about taking a benzo while youre on it? I forgot to ask my doctor and i need to know if i can still take one in emergencies...

Baggs youre right but i have a friend who studied medicine and even he still thinks hes gonna die if he makes the mistake of "bad googling" ;) It just gets into your head you know?