PDA

View Full Version : Can't even take Ativan now :(

Edmonton28
29-10-13, 23:42
Well I thought that I had this anxiety thing beat.. Things were getting better and better, all the tests I had done were negative for anything serious and I was starting to feel like my life was getting back on track.

About two weeks ago however all of the sudden, my headaches and nausea started getting worse again, I was getting sudden dizzyness and even waking up with these symptoms in the night. The stomach problems (acid reflux) are back and so is the chest pain. It got so bad again that I was back at the emergency room and again nothing came back for my heart, they even referred me for an echocardiogram this time and that was normal too apparently. It's just so hard for me to believe that this pain (which is primarily in the left side of my chest and will even affect my left arm, shoulder, back only sometimes feeling it in the right side too) isn't heart related.

To make matters worse, I had been taking 1-1.5mg of Ativan daily just to be able to relax over the last 6 days or so, but it didn't seem to be working anymore so I stopped 2 days ago. Yesterday I had pains that would come and go all over my body - is it possible I'm having some sort of withdrawal from Ativan after only 4-5 days of taking it regularly? My doctor prescribed me an SSRI (Celexa) as a daily medication but after reading the potential side effects I saw that it can mess with your heartbeat with long term use. Well that's no good, it's my heart (and head) that I am worried about! My anxiety about this stuff is so bad that I can't even take medication because I'm worried about the meds causing something that will kill me!

I did just get an MRI of my head and neck done and am awaiting those results to make sure nothing weird is going on up there that is causing these dizzy spells. It just seems no like there is really no help in store :( I sure hope that obsessing about my heart and constantly feeling these pains/palpitations can't actually cause a heart attack!