PDA

View Full Version : Too scared to take Omeprazole...

Chili9
30-10-13, 08:00
I have been prescribed Omeprazole but after reading the side effects, I'm too scared. The doctor diagnosed reflux but I'm not even sure I have that. I get burning in my mouth, throat and tongue, I belch a lot and have a cough but I don't get the pains in the chest area like everyone else complains about, I.e, heartburn. I wanted an endoscopy but the doctor doesn't seek concerned but I am because I've also had diarrhoea for around 6 weeks. The burning only really comes on in the evening (not when I've gone to her though) and I don't always get burning sensations. Should I just go by doctors advice?

Magic
30-10-13, 09:35
Why not give them a try Chili, I have had them in the past to be taken at night.
I know a few people who take them and they are ok.
If they don't work for you go back to GP:hugs:

nomorepanic
30-10-13, 11:02
They are excellent and very few people get any side-effects at all. I know I don't.

Chili9
30-10-13, 11:39
Thanks folks :) but I don't get heartburn so that's why I'm questioning it. I don't get symptoms throughout the day apart from the belching and no symptoms when lying down, it only comes on in the evening and worse if I think about it and not every day? Are these reflux symptoms? Sorry to be a pain!

Neurotic Nick
30-10-13, 22:44
You can get a lot of different symptoms from reflux and omeprazole is pretty safe so i would just try them and see if it helps. You can just quit anytime anyway.

I took them a long time and my mom is still on them. Ive also been told that theyre one of the most used medications the world, but i havent sourced that ;)