PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

Candyknitter
30-10-13, 08:49
Hi,
I've looked on this site many times over the years, and have finally actually joined.
I'm 40 and married with kids (teens and one in 20s). I was always a bit of a loner and very self conscious as a kid but came out of it until I got to 30 and then had a big breakdown after a very stressful few months. I couldnt eat because I was convinced the food I bought in shops was tampered with, until my weight plummeted to under 7 stone and then I knew I had to get a grip. Citalopram helped me recover my senses (and weight) but I have never felt like a complete person again since.
I'm off meds at the moment and am trying st johnswort. I have so many anxieties and low self esteem. I really hate being like this and want to be normal and not spend weeks days, weeks, months, years agonising over every thing I have ever done or said. Being like this makes me feel I'm wasting my life, and that makes me stress and fret and waste more of my life! I need to break this cycle.
Anyway, hi to all, and I'm going to read as much as I can as its great finding I'm not the only person in the world like this.

Greg17
30-10-13, 09:32
Hi CandyKnitter,

Well done for taking the plunge and joining up, and Welcome!

I totally relate to 'I feel like I'm wasting my life'. I try to look positively on it by telling myself that feeling this means that I haven't given up on getting it back, because if I had, I wouldn't care! :)

Hope you enjoy your time here!

greg