PDA

View Full Version : Please help this is serious

Izzytheanxietyqueen
30-10-13, 11:41
I'm izzy and I am 14 years old. I developed SEVERE health anxiety when my dad suddenly died this year of heart failure and I saw him die. Recently I have been so worried about loads of things, thought I had a water infection, thought I had a blood clot and thought I had heart failure too. For the last couple of days since like Saturday or Sunday I have been so so thirsty all the time. I am so worried something really bad is wrong! I am not tired (fatigue) or feeling sick or anything so I am not sure about if it's diabetes but I am so afraid it is! My mum says it's because I have had a really bad time recently so I have been really anxious and crying loads and also going to the toilet loads because I get very anxious but I don't know what to do my mum won't take me to the doctors because she says it's my anxiety doing this but I am so so scared I would rather die randomly than have an illness like diabetes please help if it is diabetes I will litrally loose it and want to just die please.

Fishmanpa
30-10-13, 11:52
Hi Izzy,

As posted in a previous post, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm a parent of now adult children and having almost lost my life several times in the last 7 years, it was a huge concern of how it might affect my children should I have passed when they were younger.

This has obviously affected you profoundly. Is there someone you can talk to? A counselor at school? A pastor or doctor? Anyone? Ask your Mom is she can take you to someone to discuss your fears and feelings.

Positive thoughts and prayers.

Izzytheanxietyqueen
30-10-13, 11:53
Hi Izzy,

As posted in a previous post, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm a parent of now adult children and having almost lost my life several times in the last 7 years, it was a huge concern of how it might affect my children should I have passed when they were younger.

This has obviously affected you profoundly. Is there someone you can talk to? A counselor at school? A pastor or doctor? Anyone? Ask your Mom is she can take you to someone to discuss your fears and feelings.

Positive thoughts and prayers.

I have a counsellor and I talk to my grandma about it
But I am so scared today about that i keep feeling so thirsty all the time :( I'm just so worried

becksfan86
30-10-13, 11:54
It would be extremly rare if you had diabieties at the age of 14. I am sorry for your loss, it must have been very tough of you to see you dad pass away. I believe very much so this is anxiety, seeing someone die will make you anxious. As for the toilet thing, yep the more your worry the more you will go toilet it is VERY common with anxiety/ Please try and stay positve xxx

Fishmanpa
30-10-13, 11:54
I'm so sorry... This too shall pass :hugs:

Izzytheanxietyqueen
30-10-13, 14:39
I am so scared I have diabetes because I am really hungry and thirsty :( anyone please help I don't want to be ill I would rather die than have any illness at all

Daisy Sue
30-10-13, 14:50
Izzy, you're getting all worked up over what are probably normal symptoms of what you've gone through, and are going through, emotionally.

Diabetes is one of many many reasons why we can be thirsty, and I'd guess it's the very least likely one in your case.

I presume you're still at school? Can you go talk to the mentoring team there, or ask your head of year to take you to someone within the school who'll listen and help ease your worries?

tiff123
30-10-13, 15:09
you don't have diabetes but if you did plenty of people live happy full lives with it. You have to watch what you eat more and exercise etc but its not that bad.