PDA

View Full Version : Reading these posts is actually reassuring :)

hippygirlie40
30-10-13, 13:34
I just joined this site and already feel at home to be with such like- minded people. In my circle of family and friends nobody has any kind of ''issues'' like i have, so can only be understanding to a certain degree.
I'm 40, married, and have had Emetophobia for as long as i can remember. I cant pinpoint a certain incident which has caused this, but I fear it is getting worse as time goes on.
I do have 5 teenagers which i guess is surprising, as i've somehow managed to get through the years when they were most ''at risk'' of bugs as it were, but only through having an understanding partner who dealt with them when they were ill the majority of the time.
I'm just in a panic now as i've read on Facebook of 2 friends whos children have got the stomach bug already....they do live 2 hours away from me, but still! Convinced i feel nauseous, when i know im being silly, as i was fine before i read the posts!!! its going to be a long winter!!!
Ive never sought help, but really want to, just scared what i will be made to do???
Thank you for listening xxx

MRS STRESS ED
30-10-13, 13:44
:welcome:there is lots of help and support here ,but you should go and see your gp for a checkup you will be fine no need to worry

hippygirlie40
30-10-13, 13:47
Thank you!!! I know you're right but it's even the fear of going to the doctors at this time of year!! Just trying to boost my immune system as much as i can and stay healthy....thanks so much for your reply, everyone here seems so lovely xx

Baggs
30-10-13, 19:05
Love your name