PDA

View Full Version : Coping with change

Annie0904
30-10-13, 16:56
For as long as I remember I have found changes difficult. Two of my first memories are my first day of school, I cried and screamed all day and the other was one day when my teacher didn't come into school. I think I was about 5 at that time and I remember the headmistress coming into our class and taking us through another class. I remember asking where we were going and she said "Oh you can just stay here!" We were being split into different classes and I was terrified.
Even in my last job, my colleagues picked up on this and would always 'warn' me in advance of any changes in the department.

My anxiety has been under control for the past few months after a horrendous year last year. The past few days though I have felt the anxiety creeping back. I haven't slept well the past few nights so I am really tired.

Some of you already know that I had to leave work earlier this year (in a secondary school). I tried hard to get more work and got a few little cleaning jobs. One of them I really loved, cleaning for an elderly man. Sadly it didn't last more than 3 months as he had aggressive lung cancer and he passed away. I had grown very attached to him and ended up more in a caring role than a cleaning one. I really miss that job. I have another couple of cleaning jobs which I guess I haven't really got my heart into and it is more of a chore. I am getting scared to find more work but know I really need to as we need the money. My poor hubby should have retired last March but can't because I am not earning enough.

We are having a new kitchen put in during the next few weeks and I can feel my anxiety levels getting higher again. I was supposed to be going to chose the flooring tonight but I just want to hide in my bedroom and cry :( I am trying to tell myself it is just because I am so tired and tomorrow is another day. I had reduced my meds gradually from 125 mg down to 25 mg and was hoping to stop altogether but I guess that isn't going to happen now and maybe I should increase the dose again :(

lizzie29
30-10-13, 17:23
Hi Annie

Don't see it as a negative if you have to increase meds. We all go through blips, and just because you are doesn't mean it'll last long. The weather has been horrendous and the clocks have changed, and both of these increase my anxiety - could that have affected you too?

I'd give it another week or so before upping meds, as you may feel better again by then. Up to you though obviously :)

A lot of people would be worried about new jobs etc, so don't be hard on yourself for that. I know personally I worry about being worried and get angry with myself for being worried, and I have to remind myself that EVERYONE worries to some degree at some times, but just don't dwell on it like I do.

Lack of sleep is a killer for my anxiety, so hopefully once you sleep better your anxiety will improve.

Here for you anytime. Xxx

Annie0904
30-10-13, 17:27
I think you are right Lizzie with the clocks going back and the weather, they do affect me. I was also just thinking...I was like this for a few days about a month ago. My periods stopped 16 months ago (I'm 55) but I am sure I am still getting the horrible PMT :( If that is what it is I should pick up in a few days (says me hopefully).

MRS STRESS ED
30-10-13, 17:57
:hugs:Annie it sounds like you have a lot to cope with at the moment im not supprised your feeling anxious ,the pressure of work and like you I feel bad on my hubby he works so hard ,and if your like me I hate these cold dark nights always make me feel more anxious ,hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Annie0904
30-10-13, 18:02
My hubby works away through the week so I do get more anxious in the winter nights. I am trying to do as much as I can to keep busy with my crafts.
My daughter is getting married next September and I am already stressing over what I am going to wear...What am I like?!

Tessar
30-10-13, 18:43
well, annie I think there are numerous things going on here. You're tired first and foremost and any of us would struggle to think straight when we are very tired. That above all is heightening how you are feeling.
Second, the situation with your hubby, that isn't your fault. Its just how life pans out sometimes. I can relate to why you'd feel responsible for him still working but you didn't lose that nice job on purpose. It happened because of a cruel twist didn't it? Also you are missing both the job and your lovely friend who you cleaned for. I feel it is very natural for you to feel down about missing him. He was lovely as you said and you were attached to him. I believe from your description of him that I'd miss him too.
Going back a bit further, you really did have a horrendous year last year. There is no denying that and after what happened recently with your friendly elderly chap, it is understandable you feel unsettled. Also I would have to agree that feeling the other jobs are a chore is also understandable since you dont have the attachment to the people. I doubt I would either. You are making alot of sense to me is what I am trying to get across. It doesnt help either that your experiences when little werent great and having anxiety brought on by change is natural anyway but especially so with your past experiences.
Give it time Annie, you can find work but it may take time. As regards feeling scared to find more work, treat it as an exercise. You can look for work but there is no marker that says "you must take this job or that job". You will know when the time is right or when the right opportunity pops up. But bearing in mind the job market has been rubbish for a long time, I feel you have been very industrious in finding way of earning money anyway. So please dont berate yourself because you are a positive person underneath that anxiety. You never use anxiety as an excuse in fact you use it as a tool to beat yourself up with!
So.......you listen to the guvnor, Auntie Tessar. Stop beating yourself up ya hear? Give yourself credit where it is due. You work bloomin' hard and have found motivation difficult sometimes but that hasnt stopped you getting out there and getting on. By all means compare where you are now to say 12 months ago. And I feel you will see massive positive change. What's happening at the moment is one of those times where life itself isnt dealing you with very good cards. I mean, c'mon, you are lost a friend here and someone who you enjoyed working for. That's two losses isnt it?
So..... please be kind to yourself eh? Promise??????

anx mum
30-10-13, 18:49
hi annie im so sorry your feeling like this its horrid and awful im going through same. U have done so well reducing your meds, maybe u do need to start bk again to help with feeling so low. Not sleeping also will add to how u feel. I feel scared to sleep at mo cos the chest pains im getting thanks for posting on my thread means alot we will get there:hugs:

Annie0904
30-10-13, 19:15
Tessar Thank you so much (even though you made me cry :) ). I know I expect too much from myself sometimes and have to remember I am not Super woman!
I think this kitchen thing is getting to me...if I was Superwoman I would just be able to go whoosh and the new kitchen would be fitted (Or would that be Samantha in Bewitched?).

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Bev, Thank you very much and I hope you start to feel better soon.

Col
30-10-13, 20:08
Annie nooooooo, you've been such an inspiration to me over this year, please reflect on your accomplishments you've certainly spurred me on & I'm sure many other NMPers.

Bless I think as mentioned, clocks going back and money worries are enough to get any one down. Has your jsa stopped now? Have you considerd going back to what u did before?

So much pressure - just when you manage to get yourself right and take a break - its time to get back out there and especially with money worries...... Life's so hard for some of us at times :bighug1:

Annie0904
30-10-13, 20:20
My ESA finishes this month. I have considered going back to a similar job and registered for supply work but then I got myself in such a panic that I told them I couldn't do it. Maybe I would be able to work in Primary rather than secondary but I just feel so scared of commitment at the moment. The thing is my hubby isn't worried at all. he says he would rather have me not working if it makes me less anxious and he is sure we will manage. he enjoys his job so is happy to carry on working.

Col
30-10-13, 20:24
Sorry Annie ESA , sorry. Bless your hubby. Yes I can imagine the commitment side of going back into something u had to quit due to your GAD. It's sooo bloody hard. Listen to your hubby, and do what u can manage. But your healths soo important without that what do any of us have?

Xxxx

Annie0904
30-10-13, 22:00
You are right Col...our health is most important, which is why I decided to give up my job in the first place. There are some aspects of it that I really miss. I will find something I am sure. xx

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Hubby has just had the courage to tell me they are starting to do the kitchen on Friday!!! Most people would be excited about a new kitchen. I think it is partly the thought of having strangers in the house especially with my hubby working away next week. Oh well it will all be done in a few weeks :ohmy:

Tessar
31-10-13, 09:44
ours needs doing but we have put it off because of disruption. we kept finding reasons to put it off and yes it's the hassle factor. i meant to say as well, any time i spend a large amount of money i get worried about it...... feeling as you do about that side of things is something many of us experience as well. soon though it'll be done and you'll be really pleased with you new kitchen! imagine, all the lovely cupboard & worktops! you aint gonna let this beat you annie. you stay positive ya hear?

Annie0904
31-10-13, 10:18
I think I built the kitchen myself while lying awake last night :(

Tessar
31-10-13, 11:34
would you like to come and do ours?

Annie0904
31-10-13, 11:40
would you like to come and do ours?

I think I'll pass on that one...I need sleep :)

Tessar
31-10-13, 12:11
darn. i had been hoping for some inspiration. oh well. i guess your sleep is far more important than my dreams ha ha.

Annie0904
01-11-13, 12:28
Well the work on the kitchen has started and the whole house seems to be full of dust. I am hiding with my cats in the living room. I actually worried about my anxiety getting worse and the builder thinking I was anti social or something so I apologised in advance and told him about my anxiety. He told me that he gets really anxious when he is working because he really wants it to be right. He said he will do it with as little disruption as possible and will clear up after him. (I have probably made him more anxious now!) :doh: He was really understanding about it though.

MRS STRESS ED
01-11-13, 13:27
aww that's good that he understands ,I know how you feel I had a lot of building work done on my house last year ,I hid upstairs most of the time I couldn't stand the mess the dust and people in and out even thou they were all lovely ,I just don't like change ,hope it all goes well for you ,when mine was done it was worth abit of anxiety lol:D

Annie0904
01-11-13, 13:30
I am sure it will be lovely when it is done. My living room is now surrounded with boxes from the kitchen and the dust has got every where. I hate a messy house so it is increasing my anxiety.

MRS STRESS ED
01-11-13, 13:33
I am sure it will be lovely when it is done. My living room is now surrounded with boxes from the kitchen and the dust has got every where. I hate a messy house so it is increasing my anxiety.

I know how you feel I hate a messy home too ,it will all be worth it when its done :hugs:

Annie0904
02-11-13, 11:49
what a morning!! The plumber didn't turn up..Apparently he hasn't been home since his night out last night. I hope he is okay but his family don't seem worried.
I ordered the oven online and then realised that the last thing I had ordered from that company was for my parents and it had saved their delivery address so my oven will be going to their house. I called them straight away but they say they can't change the delivery address :( We will have to collect it from my parents.

Magic
02-11-13, 12:21
Oh Annie, I think I have an inkling of how you feel.
We had an extension built on the back of our house about two years ago.
My hubby was having difficulty getting down in the bath upstairs so we had a shower and toilet put in downstairs. Coped ok got that over with--then earlier on this year we had new kitchen cupboards in and sink unit. Every thing was such a mess. Even now I have to keep looking in the new cupboards because I cannot remember where I put the things back.:unsure: anyway I hope you manage to get things sorted --eventually:hugs: Sorry I cannot see your crafts as I am not on facebook
I tried it once and for the life of me I can not work it out. Need someone behind me
to show me how it works x

Annie0904
02-11-13, 12:30
Thank you Magic :) I am not sure if this link will work for you https://www.facebook.com/Anniesgiftsandcards/photos_stream

To add to my stress today I am sure I just saw a rat run along the bottom of the garden. I know we had stoats nesting under the steps last year but I am sure this was a rat and it went under the shed :(
We have a big hole in the kitchen door through to the garage but the builder said he won't be putting the door on until Tuesday. Apart from it being cold I am a bit nervous about Monday night as hubby will be away and I am worried someone breaks in through the garage. Realistically, we have a strong lock on the garage door and it is a relatively safe area anyway.

Tessar
03-11-13, 09:18
even if it is a rat, I doubt it'll try coming in. They will go for food sources and from the outside, it wont know about the hole in the wall anyway. Plus your food's not going to be noticeable to one from outside. WE have had rats in our garden and they centred about where we were feeding the birds. They've never tried coming in. As the others have said, you'll soon have everything finished and then you will be really happy with the end result and can enjoy your new kitchen.

Don't forget everyone, sometimes with change comes improvement in life too. As we all know, sometimes enduring things in the short term brings change for the better and has a positive outcome........

Annie0904
03-11-13, 15:11
I wasn't really thinking about the rats coming in :) Chai would soon have them if they did! Just worried about not feeling so secure. I wish I could fast forward a couple of weeks :)

Annie0904
04-11-13, 11:30
I am not coping too well this morning. Hubby has gone away for the week and I am getting the anxiety symptoms, racing heart, ringing in ears and headache. There is a lot of noise coming from the kitchen as they are ripping everything out. My poor cats are quite nervous so I can't go out and leave them. On top of this I have a dentist appointment at 8:30 tomorrow :scared15: I am trying to convince myself that no my anxiety is not getting worse, it is normal in all this chaos. I feel like I need to go out and just SCREAM!!!

Tessar
04-11-13, 11:37
Three things: 1) It is normal chaos; 2) This means your anxiety is NOT getting worse & 3) If you feel like going outside and screaming DO IT!!!!! I mean, you might want to go somewhere discrete - but do it (and that's an order)!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Oh, I thought of number 4) Your checkup will go ok; after all it's a check up eh? You went through much worse than that and you trust your dentist dont you? So, take comfort from the knowledge that yes you might be nervous or anxious -but you have already proved you can get through appointments at the dentist. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Annie0904
04-11-13, 11:46
I do have a lovely dentist now so shouldn't be nervous. Not sure which I am most nervous about, the dentist or the drive to get there!

Tessar
04-11-13, 16:48
dont forget, annie, break it down into stages. at the moment, focus on getting yourself there. dont even consider anything else til you've completed that bit. then once you are there focus on staying calm. you know how to do that. its always hard isnt it but you know you can eh!!!????? all your friends will be thinking about you, including this lot.... they want to come in with you, do you think they are allowed?
:D :ohmy: :blush: :) :yesyes: :huh: :shrug: :noangel: :scared15: :flowers: :whistles: :scared10: :grouphug:
:D :ohmy: :blush: :) :yesyes: :huh: :shrug: :noangel: :scared15: :flowers: :whistles: :scared10: :grouphug:

Annie0904
04-11-13, 20:12
Yes they can all come with me so long as they don't make too much noise.
What a numpty I have been, sitting in the dark when I thought all my electricity was off and it was only the sockets! Then I told the electrician one of the sockets wasn't working when he put them back on. He checked it and I hadn't put the plug in! :doh:

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Workmen arrived 9 am and are still here now. I am getting really stressed I am finding it hard having strangers in the house for so long :( They have come across so many problems today. The plumber can't get all my radiators to work now :(

Tessar
04-11-13, 20:30
Hmmmnnnnnn it'll b one if those "stories you can tell" ..... Once it's all done that is, but bit of a nightmare at the moment of course but soon u will have a lovely new kitchen :-)

My boys promise to be quiet..... They'll b on their best behaviour :-)

Wel most of them... :curse: :wtf1: :curse: :wtf1: curse: :wtf1: :curse: :wtf1: curse: :wtf1: :curse: :wtf1: curse: :wtf1: :curse: :wtf1: curse: :wtf1: :curse: :wtf1: curse: :wtf1: :curse: :wtf1: curse: :wtf1: :curse: :wtf1:

Annie0904
04-11-13, 20:32
I just want to have a bath and go to bed but I can't :(

Tessar
04-11-13, 20:36
Soon, Annie. Soon u can do that. This disruption will only be a few days.

Col
04-11-13, 22:35
Lot & lots of :bighug1:

As for mess , I'm a typical virgo & my God it drives me nuts. I bet u can't bare it, I completely would be the same! Ive got OCD as it is, I can tolerate mess for a while but it niggles me to death. If only u could see in my cupboards they're all ordered , cup handles all to the right & positioned in order of size. I'm symmetry mad as well. Annie lots of xxxxxxxgood luck at dentist

Annie0904
05-11-13, 10:21
Thank you Col, I have to go back to the dentist on 26th November for a deep filling or at the worst tooth extraction :(
The plumber didn't leave until 10 pm last night!

clio51
05-11-13, 10:42
Anni

No wonder you were stressed and high anxiety, 9am till 10pm aghhhhhh

We anxiety PEEP don't like change/disruption, that's enough to tip you over the edge.
BUT you did it! Even though you had no choice staying in in that chaos wow
And it's over now! Relax.

Annie0904
05-11-13, 11:06
It isn't over yet...they are going to be here for the next couple of weeks and the plumber isn't coming until 5:30 so it looks like it is going to be another late night. It wouldn't be so bad if hubby was home but he is away all week so I have to cope with it all alone :(
Oh well I have got through worse so I will somehow get through this :) Positive Mental Attitude! That's what I keep TRYING to tell myself...I just need to listen to myself :D

Col
05-11-13, 13:31
What couple of weeks noooooooooo! Yep and the feeling of being without hubby - bless u Annie.

Have u been making em cups of tea, I last had men fixing all our guttering, I was like immeadiatly do u want a cuppa, they said yes of course & I was thinking bloody typical , I left their teas on window ledge & left em to it.

I hate dealing with builders/plummers, some are lovely but it's the whole male blocky thing it's like taking my car for work/mot , I hate that.

Yep Annie I'm gonna listen to your positive metal attitude, I need some of that myself xxxx

Tessar
05-11-13, 13:38
c'mon - let's get those positive mental attitudes up and running!!!!!
I want to eat eat eat but am going for a walk instead.
Annie you did well going to the dentist. Your next appointment will obviously be another test of your resolve but even tho you'll be anxious, you will do it, I know you will.
Bit like this whole deal with your kitchen; there is major disruption going on right now but soon it'll be over. I'd like to say "it's only a couple of weeks" but of course that is quite a long time for disruption!
I remember when my bathroom was done last; the toilet was "connected" of sorts.... it had no water supply & it wasnt screwed to the floor, i had to "flush" it using a bucket!! that was a challenge but i managed it. I had visions of causing a flood all over the floor but it didnt come to that. I must have had the right technique!

Annie0904
05-11-13, 13:44
Yes Col I am making them cups of tea in my living room and washing up in the bathroom sink :) My biggest problem is that I hate going to the loo with strange men in the house :blush:
Tessar your bathroom disruption sounds like my holiday in Croatia earlier this year when the whole village was without water for a couple of days so we had to flush with a bucket of water :)

Annie0904
05-11-13, 18:30
Plumber still here at 6:30 and my anxiety levels are rising :( The nausea is starting now and one thing that is really worrying me is that my toilet is out of use while he puts a new pipe on (the big pipe from the bathroom goes down through the kitchen or something). i also have no water on and my stomach is starting to churn. I could go to a neighbours but a bit too embarrassed :(
I also have a dreadful headache :(

dally
05-11-13, 18:46
Hi Annie
Oh my goodness you are going through the mill.
But....
You are coping. So well done you!

I totally understand how it makes our anxiety worse when we have people in our homes that we don't know. And also that we have no control over their length of stay, per day.

I too suffer from ibs D, and two years ago I was getting a new hall bannister fitted. I was so anxious that I had diahorroea, in the only toilet, at the top of the stairs, next to where the joiners were working!! OMG was I embarrassed.

If I was having to do it again, I would've taken a Valium AND an Imodium in prevention of my embarrassing diahorroea.!!

It's a long day for you to be in the house with the noise and dust etc. esp if it's going on till 10pm.!!

Sending you HUGE hugs. It's a countdown now, till hubby's home to support you, and your wonderful new kitchen is finished. And let's face it you hopefully won't have to do that again for another 20 years! Lol xxxx

Annie0904
05-11-13, 18:50
Thank you Dally...I am getting to the stage were I just want to hide in my room but I can't :( Getting tearful now.

dally
05-11-13, 19:13
Hi Annie

I think sometimes, having a little cry, helps release some of our built up tension.
So go ahead and see if it helps!
Would you be able to go to your bedroom, even for half an hour and Lie down and practice full body muscle relaxation?

At least you will be in the comfort and orivacy of your own room, instead of being 'public' in your living room.

The workmen will still be able to call you, if they need you for anything.
Xxxxxx
:bighug1::bighug1:

Annie0904
05-11-13, 19:53
I have been over to my neighbours to go to the loo and also had a little cry. They know about my anxiety and have helped me a lot. Last year when I was at my worst my neighbour used to bring food over for me to try to persuade me to eat and she brought me some sandwiches earlier today.

Tessar
05-11-13, 19:58
You have good neighbours, Annie, I am really pleased about that. Also you are a good neighbour to the, as well. True community spirit.... It must warm your heart?

Annie0904
05-11-13, 20:05
It does they are lovely. I am taking my neighbour to the vets on Friday morning. Well it is her dog that needs to go not her :) It has to have an op on its leg and my neighbour will cry so I need to take her.

Tessar
05-11-13, 20:36
That made me laugh Annie.... Taking your neighbour to the vet :roflmao: :roflmao: U r a good person, Annie.

Annie0904
05-11-13, 21:13
:D

Col
07-11-13, 08:42
Morning Annie how's kitchen coming on?

Seen your online early, like me, my hubby walked my little boy to school. Daughters gone on bus with friend! Fantastic , i sort em out in morning but the actual run is too much, so i feel bit better.

Hope u do to. I'm envious I'd love a new kitchen . Well if it could be completed in a day and not a speck of dust xxx

Annie0904
07-11-13, 10:26
Morning Col, I was up quite early and had to go out to collect some brochures (I am a rep for cosmetics, doesn't pay much but at least it makes me get out).
Kitchen is an empty shell, they are putting new plaster boards on the walls today. Hubby is home this afternoon so that should take some of the stress off me. We are going to go away for the weekend while the plaster dries. xx

Tessar
07-11-13, 19:11
Annie, I saw this and thought of you.........

Annie0904
07-11-13, 20:39
haha Love it :D

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Plasterer is coming in the morning and the plaster will then be left to dry over the weekend so we are going away to visit my son. Of course now I am anxious about the journey :doh: but it will give me a break from the house and hopefully some 'normal' meals.

Annie0904
07-11-13, 21:35
My kitchen

Tessar
07-11-13, 22:14
Well..... There isn't a lot of mess! Kinda bare looking at the moment..... But good things come to those who wait, eh?? It'll be super smart though when it's done.

Annie0904
07-11-13, 22:16
No it is the rest of the house that looks messy with all the contents from my kitchen in :) I have just done the washing up in the bathroom sink :D

Tessar
07-11-13, 22:27
It's really odd when u do things in the wrong place. It doesn't seem normal does it!!??

Annie0904
07-11-13, 22:28
It certainly doesn't especially when I am used to a dish washer!

Tessar
07-11-13, 22:29
U'll b ok as long as you have other receptacles for water/washing up other than the toilet!!!!

Annie0904
07-11-13, 22:32

Tessar
08-11-13, 13:01
I just had a message from Annie to say that her daughter is in hospital due to a bad asthma attack. The doctors put her on a nebuliser & things are under control now.
Because Annie is travelling to visit her son this weekend, she's had to leave her daughter with other family. Annie is understandably anxious about the whole thing, especially as she wasnt able to stay (that must have been really difficult).

Annie needs hugs right now & lots of them, so here's a few for starters:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Col
08-11-13, 14:46
:bighug1:

dally
08-11-13, 15:08
Wow Annie!
Really, really thinking of you. And your daughter.
I know you would not have left if she wasn't stabilised and in very good hands.
But I know you will not stop worrying about her every minute until she is discharged from hospital and is home, and you are back home also to look after her.

What a week you have had, with the building anxiety, with the building kitchen...lol
And now travelling.
Don't know where you get your strength from, but I wish I had some like you.
Sending you massive hugs and thoughts.
Xxxxx

Annie0904
08-11-13, 17:22
Thank you Tessar, Col and Dally
What a day!! My neighbour asked me to take her to the vets with her dog this morning as the dog had to go in for an operation and my neighbour was too upset to drive herself. When we left the dog with the vet it was me that cried my eyes out!!
We had arranged to set off at 10:30 for a 4 hour journey to our sons. We had just set off 15 mins into the journey when I had a phone call from my daughters boyfriends dad to say that my daughter had gone into hospital with a bad asthma attack. Of course I wanted to see her so we went to the hospital 20 mins opposite direction. She was on a nebulisor and was much more settled when we got there. She insisted that we still go to our sons. I was quite satisfied that she was settled and her boyfriends Mum said she would stay with her so we continued the journey.
The weather on the journey wasn't good as it rained heavily. At one point a lorry cut in front of us and then a car nearly crashed into us and my husband had to slam his hand on the horn!
4.5 hours later we are here and surprisingly I am feeling quite calm. My daughter has phoned to say she is now home. She had her flu jab yesterday and they think that may have triggered the attack.
Thank you all so much for your support and hugs. Tessar your messages to me on the journey really helped me to get through it, I can't thank you enough.
What would I do without my good NMP friends :)

almamatters
08-11-13, 19:26
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:xxx

Tessar
08-11-13, 20:08
Annie........I'm really pleased your daughter is in better shape now & at home. It can't have been easy to leave & continue your journey but it was the right thing to do. Easy for me to say because I don't have children so I can't possibly know how hard it would be to make a decision like that. But then again it is easier to be objective when you aren't directly involved in a situation isn't it. Typical she had a reaction to that jab..... Especially as it was intended to keep her well!
You did very, very well today, really you did. That journey really can't have been easy after the week you've had. But you did make it. That's what counts. Do remember that. It proves what is possible for you.
It was the least I could to to support you, Annie, you've been there for me too. Thank you :-)
And that's just it really isn't it? We are all friends. A big, close-knit NMP family.
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

Annie0904
08-11-13, 20:39
I am enjoying all these hugs tonight. Thank you Alma and again Tessar. I am feeling unusually calm tonight, maybe because I am away from all the stress at home. I even enjoyed a meal in the restaurant tonight x

Tessar
08-11-13, 22:24
It's good that u r calm .... Here's more hugs for you....... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

And these r for everyone on NMP ..... :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Bonnibelle
09-11-13, 10:09
Sorry to hear you are feeling anxious again Anne.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think it is just due to the stress of having work done in the house. I know that when we have had the house upside down my anxiety has crept up on me. I hate mess and I get frustrated, I have no patience.

Money worries make everyone feel stressed and worried, but in anxious people it flares up our anxiety. Any worries can do that. You just have alot going on so don't feel defeated or disappointed in yourself, just be kind to yourself. Take it easy and relax in the evenings. If you feel you can't do something then say I will try tomorrow.

Take care x

Magic
09-11-13, 13:30
Sending you :hugs::hugs::hugs:Annie.
I forgot to thank you for the lovely card you sent with my hearts.
You are truly an amazing woman.
Everything will be back to normal soon I am sure.xx

Annie0904
09-11-13, 16:56
Thank you Bonniebelle and Magic :)
We have been out with my son and his wife today. We went to look round the cathedral in St Albans. I did get one moment when I felt the anxiety rising and felt a bit faint but I just sat down for a while telling myself that it would soon pass and it did :D x

Col
09-11-13, 22:25
Hi Annie , is your daughter any better?

Glad you rose above the anxiety, there's hope for me still.

Night xxx

Tessar
09-11-13, 22:27
There's always hope, col, providing you never give up the fight :-)

MRS STRESS ED
09-11-13, 22:41
Aww Annie I hope your daughter is well now, I know how bad asthma is my my son has it ,sending you both some :hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
10-11-13, 17:25
I am back home now and exhausted. My daughter has had another bad attack today so I am taking her to the doctors tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your kind words and support :)

Annie0904
10-11-13, 19:58
Waiting for the plaster to dry

Tessar
10-11-13, 20:22
I don't know how long plaster takes 2dry.... Do u?
Sorry 2hear about your daughter :-( you will look after her coz u r a good mum :-) and u care for her lots & I am sure she knows that too.

Annie0904
10-11-13, 20:28
It is so cold in the kitchen at the moment with no heating on that I think it will take forever! I have put an electric heater in tonight to see if it will help.

Col
10-11-13, 21:02
Hi Annie , bless her hope she's ok , it distresses me my hubby had a very serious attack summer time. My god I was in a right state very scary, never seen him like that before.

Ahhh paster takes ages to dry , yes portable heaters r good. It's blumming freezing tonight xxxxx

Annie0904
10-11-13, 21:40
My husbands first wife died from an asthma attack so it is very worrying for us. My best friend also died from an asthma attack. I am going to buy my daughter a nebuliser this week.

Tessar
11-11-13, 12:42
make sure you let us know how it all goes, annie :-)

Annie0904
11-11-13, 14:18
I took my daughter to the doctors this morning and he said a nebuliser will be no good for her as her asthma is too bad so the best thing is when she gets an attack, straight to hospital and oxygen. He has increased her steroids for the time being.

Col
11-11-13, 15:03
:hugs:

Annie0904
11-11-13, 15:05
Thank you Col :) x

Tessar
11-11-13, 15:44
annie, sorry to hear that...... but at least you are making sure your daughter gets the right care. meanwhile you needs lots of these :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

dally
12-11-13, 13:05
Thinking of you Annie,
I had my little grandchild with a vomit bug yesterday.
It was only a bug and I knew that, but
I was panicking, and VERY annoyed at myself panicking cos I knew
Everything would be fine.

asthma can be very serious for some people and your daughter is obviously having a very bad time at the moment, thank goodness she has you.
Your strength never fails to amaze me, and your blogs always encourage me when I'm feeling inadequate. Thank you
When I'm full of I wish,I should,I can't,......you just do it, and you are an inspiration. Xxxxxx

Annie0904
15-11-13, 12:24
Sorry Dally I just noticed your post, I hope your Grandchild is well again and that it didn't get passed to anyone else. Thank you for your kind comments.

I am not having a good day today. Woke up with a terrible headache. It is 2 weeks since they started the kitchen and everything seems to be going wrong. The electrics were a bit of a mess so had to be redone. The pipes stuck out to far for the new units so had to be changed. Now he has just told me the washing machine is too low for the new units so he will need to make a platform to stand it on. I am now getting concerned that all the extra work which I know has been necessary but is getting added on to the bill at the end :(
My daughter has had another bad asthma attack so hasn't been able to go to work all week. She took the steroids on Monday and had a really bad reaction to them. She is quite small and the doctor told her to take 6 and they made her really manic.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Oh and I almost got hit on the head by a Yorkshire pudding this morning! (This is were you are all saying "Annie has really lost the plot!)" A crow flew over me and dropped a yorkshire pudding...it landed right in front of me! :D

blue moon
15-11-13, 13:46
LOL Annie:hugs:

Petra :D

Magic
15-11-13, 14:04
Sending you lots of hugs Annie. Nothing is ever straight forward is it?
Sorry to hear about your daughter's asthma attacks.
Keep going Annie:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:xx

dally
15-11-13, 14:19
You've got to giggle..about the crow :roflmao:

Annie0904
15-11-13, 15:25
You've got to giggle..about the crow :roflmao:

I know it was quite funny. There was a woman walking the opposite way up the street and I said "That Yorkshire pudding just missed me" Unfortunately I don't think she had seen it happen so probably thought I was a crazy woman!

Col
15-11-13, 16:29
:roflmao: hi Annie not been on much today just going to make tea for kids! Not Yorkshire pudding today though :roflmao:

I'm ok after the vomiting/ heartburn - not the best of sleeps. Got another issue now my hubby took voluntary redundancy form a big law company in may time & has been temping and working for his brothers buisness on Saturday. He's a lawyer had own team 14 years same place etc. Anyway , it's taken him ages to find another job - 6 months Obviosly in part because he's working soo much. So finds it hard to job hunt. But alas he's back to law BUT ...... He starts the day I'm due to give birth MY SODDING LUCK! Then he's been taking my son to sch, it really not far but my pelvic girdle pain horrific sometimes & been referred to physio. Pick up not to bad as I can drive up long sch drive at lunch because he's only 4 so he does half day. But morning what do I do now?? Do t know mums well enough and don't want to put on MIL or my brother everyday - its not fair. It's only for the next 2 or o weeks BUT my hubby NOT entitled to paternity leave apparently - new job and it's in Rotherham not far but Sheffield neighbouring town.
With the family situation on top gotto deal with it alone - I'm destined for PND at this rate feel that way now tbh.

Sorry to rant as always. Fed up!

So sorry your daughter unwell again. And not taken to meds. God ifit doesn't rain it pours.
Well Yorkshire puddings :roflmao: that made me laugh today at least xxxxxx

Annie0904
15-11-13, 16:54
I suggest you speak to your children's teacher and ask f they have other children in school who they think their mothers may be willing to help you out?
That is a bit unfair not being able to get paternity leave :( :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Col
15-11-13, 19:24
I suggest you speak to your children's teacher and ask f they have other children in school who they think their mothers may be willing to help you out?
That is a bit unfair not being able to get paternity leave :( :hugs::hugs::hugs:

That's such a good idea. I don't like my kids not going to school or late I'm mega OCD about it.

Yes that's a great idea. X

Tessar
15-11-13, 19:41
Sorry 2hear about your continuing trials & tribulations, Annie. I hope your daughters asthma settles some time soon.

The crow thing? Yes I am afraid I have laughed, just a little :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Tessar
15-11-13, 19:42
I know it was quite funny. There was a woman walking the opposite way up the street and I said "That Yorkshire pudding just missed me" Unfortunately I don't think she had seen it happen so probably thought I was a crazy woman!

Oh dear I laughed again :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Annie0904
15-11-13, 20:09

Annie0904
20-11-13, 20:52
3 weeks later and my kitchen is still not finished. I am feeling really down tonight and have had a good cry. Hubby is away in London. Didn't have a good day at work either :weep:

Tessar
20-11-13, 22:09
Oh noooo Annie I am sorry to hear that :-( These r for u........
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

Annie0904
20-11-13, 22:23
Thank you Tessar. I really need those hugs today.