PDA

View Full Version : I'm Jordan 23 f suffering social anxiety and depression

ScaredJordan
30-10-13, 21:00
Hi everyone, I'm Jordan, stuck doing what I do!
Basically I want a life, everyday is a struggle and nobody in my family understands.
I've had social anxiety since 2009, recently its come back with force, also depression! I thought I knew what depression was until I actually got diagnosed with it a couple of months ago!
I'm on citalopram and this time I'm not liking the 'side effects' its giving me..
I signed up on here because it would be nice to have a buddy male or female I really don't mind. I have a smart phone so I'm here if anybody has any words of wisdom or I can help somebody.
I have nobody else to talk to♡♥

Annie0904
30-10-13, 21:20
Hi Welcome to NMP

Tanner40
30-10-13, 21:31
Welcome Jordan! I think that you will find a lot of support on this site. I'm fairly new myself and I feel like I have found a group that understands.

almamatters
30-10-13, 21:39
Hi :welcome: to the forum, hope you find it as helpful as I do.

bettyflowers
30-10-13, 22:43
Hello and :welcome: Jordan.

ScaredJordan
31-10-13, 17:00
Still trying to figure out the site!
Thanks for the welcomes ♡♥

tisa
01-11-13, 17:26
Hi Jordan I too suffer with social anxiety so I know how awful it can be. You're not alone! How long have you been taking Citalopram? You should find that the side effects will pass x

Andria24
01-11-13, 17:55
Hey Jordan - welcome to the site and I hope you find plenty of help and support :)

RachelVictoria
02-11-13, 17:05
Hi everyone, I'm Jordan, stuck doing what I do!
Basically I want a life, everyday is a struggle and nobody in my family understands.
I've had social anxiety since 2009, recently its come back with force, also depression! I thought I knew what depression was until I actually got diagnosed with it a couple of months ago!
I'm on citalopram and this time I'm not liking the 'side effects' its giving me..
I signed up on here because it would be nice to have a buddy male or female I really don't mind. I have a smart phone so I'm here if anybody has any words of wisdom or I can help somebody.
I have nobody else to talk to♡♥

Hello Jordan! I've just joined today and wanted to find someone with a similar diagnosis as me.
Your story sounds similar to mine. Suffered since I was 17 (2007) and was only diagnosed after looking for help in 2012. My nurse told me I had acute depression, which explains a lot thinking about it.
I was on Citalopram, but it upset my stomach so they put me on Sertraline, which felt much less controlling over me. I felt like it was ME who made the decisions and not me working on behalf of a drug!

janey jane
02-11-13, 17:52
hello nice to meet you xx